IGNORED

Autechre headliner shows 2016

30equals

Also, in regards to Manchester. I hear the security at these Warehouse Project nights is a bit over the top. Any truth in this?

I have heard stories of people with tickets being turned away because the security didn't like the look of their faces.

That would be wank!! The security at last years Manchester gig were cool as shit and you hardly knew there was any.

Rob and Sean even 'mingled ' in the crowd before they were on :)

Last year was fun. Spoke to Sean for a bit and Rob said hi too. I am pretty sure they set that show up themselves and that's why it was pretty chilled. I just heard a few horror stories about gorilla security assholes not liking scousers. I am coming down from Edinburgh again and be really fucked off if I wasn't let in.

I do a really good Scottish accent though.

Last year's Manchester gig was lush, great vibes, great people. I got the same impression that it seemed like it was just set up by the two. Shame I missed them in the crowd but dunno what I'd even say to them beyond usual fanboy thankful gibbering.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm...

if you can't find any, try the Leipzig show imo.. it's not that far away, a much smaller venue so should be more intimate / enjoyable imo tbh.

so I was scouting for tickets for the London show, am I correct in thinking that nobody is selling a single ticket? there's no sign of anything on ebay (or stubhub thingy)....

can't be surely

so I was scouting for tickets for the London show, am I correct in thinking that nobody is selling a single ticket? there's no sign of anything on ebay (or stubhub thingy)....

can't be surely

Yea, I was going to post exactly the same message today... I thought a few would turn up somewhere... but nothing

can't be surely

Yea, I was going to post exactly the same message today... I thought a few would turn up somewhere... but nothing

Well, calculating on who hates me in the Autechre forum, I won't be getting any here either :tongue:

When they were released I was saving spondoolies for other things. Bit tricky this situation imo.

can't be surely

Well, calculating on who hates me in the Autechre forum, I won't be getting any here either :tongue:

When they were released I was saving spondoolies for other things. Bit tricky this situation imo.

You should come to the Manchester one so we can chat bollocks about BoC :)

Yeah, oscillik sorry for being a plum towards you when TH was released. I wasn't truly myself back then (*sniff sniff* *puff puff* *drop drop*) I was likely posting on watmm mostly on quite dark comedowns, in fact I was actually going slowly but surely crazy. True.

So yeah sorry about all that :beer:

Yeah, oscillik sorry for being a plum towards you when TH was released. I wasn't truly myself back then (*sniff sniff* *puff puff* *drop drop*) I was likely posting on watmm mostly on quite dark comedowns, in fact I was actually going slowly but surely crazy. True.

So yeah sorry about all that

I was being serious though, come on up - we'll chat bollocks and down drinks and watch The Mates. Seems like there's quite a few watemms going to Manc.

That is, if you don't get Ldn tix.

I've said shit on here that's ripe for tearing into. I've learned when to keep my mouth shut mostly now (hence quiet from me on opinion stuff)

Seems like there's quite a few watemms going to Manc.

indeed, including Blank, who as per Autechre gig rules, must compete in the dance-off due to their first time attendance

Yes. Interpretive dance to known(1).

hmmm...

if you can't find any, try the Leipzig show imo.. it's not that far away, a much smaller venue so should be more intimate / enjoyable imo tbh.

Yeah but since I've been @ Kraftwerk (Berlin Atonal 2014) I've dreamed of seeing Autechre playing there.

a much smaller venue so should be more intimate / enjoyable imo tbh.

Do you think so?

dunno.... frankly (and no offence if you're indeed from Italy), there are always lots of shouty tourists getting fuckfaced drunk in the Berlin venues.. "omg we're at berghain wooo hoooo!".

Never been to Conne Island in Leipzig, but it's definitely not as huge as Kraftwerk. Should be cozy. Who's going to travel from Berlin to there for AE? Probably nobody. So there will be a bunch of Leipzig people and you'll probably be able to touch Juan & Roberto.

(Got tickets for both but looking forward to Leipzig more.)

I was being serious though, come on up - we'll chat bollocks and down drinks and watch The Mates. Seems like there's quite a few watemms going to Manc.

That is, if you don't get Ldn tix.

Very much appreciate this gesture. I'll keep it in mind.

Seems like there's quite a few watemms going to Manc.

indeed, including Blank, who as per Autechre gig rules, must compete in the dance-off due to their first time attendance

Yes. Interpretive dance to known(1).

lol this sparked the thought of ae doing a greatest hits tour.

Sean: "Here's a little one i wrote for a blue eyed girl back in rochdale. Y'all might know it"

Rob: *loads up lentic_catachresis.maxpat*

I just purchased a flight to Berlin from the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got tickets to Hamburg and Leipzig, but not Berlin. Any German WATMMers going to any three shows that want to connect, message me.

I would do unholy things to secure a Berlin ticket. Anyone know what the scalping situation is / chances of securing second/third hand tickets?

I just purchased a flight to Berlin from the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got tickets to Hamburg and Leipzig, but not Berlin. Any German WATMMers going to any three shows that want to connect, message me.

I would do unholy things to secure a Berlin ticket. Anyone know what the scalping situation is / chances of securing second/third hand tickets?

^ AE_FAN_OF_THE_YEAR

:catsalute:

I hope Sean and Rob see this and add you to the guest list.

Full props to you for travelling!

dunno.... frankly (and no offence if you're indeed from Italy), there are always lots of shouty tourists getting fuckfaced drunk in the Berlin venues.. "omg we're at berghain wooo hoooo!".

Never been to Conne Island in Leipzig, but it's definitely not as huge as Kraftwerk. Should be cozy. Who's going to travel from Berlin to there for AE? Probably nobody. So there will be a bunch of Leipzig people and you'll probably be able to touch Juan & Roberto.

(Got tickets for both but looking forward to Leipzig more.)

In my opinion Kraftwerk is still a more appropriated venue for nowadays Ae...

By the way I've bought tickets for both the Turin and the Hamburg  shows - but I'm still looking for two tickets for Berlin anyway!

I went there last night actually... Mika Vainio was pretty good.

But eh, tbh the venue isn't particularly great. Sound wasn't bad considering that it's a huge concrete cavern; but they also kept the system strictly below 99db - you could see it on their monitoring system. Not sure if that'll be the same for ae... And the place was pretty full, so you could hear literally hundreds of people talking all the time... It sounded like at a sports event or a really busy, big canteen or something..

Archived