IGNORED

mopfunk - chime rush

this is the incomplete one. i've been making kinda long tunes lately so idk if they should be sliced up or not. i will upload the finished one if i do another ep/lp anytime soon :music:

I love the second half of this so much I put it on a mixtape for a SO.

oh damn, that's great to hear. FWIW i did make it with my fiance in mind. she is far away in russia and we haven't been together in months and it's been tough hehe. /personal-rant

Lovely :music:

yes i really love these melodies! you're gonna put some more work on those beats right? i don't mean composition wise, i mean, eq and mixing and beefing it up and whatnot... it's the only weakness i can point at...

yeah the beats are a lil weak mix wise, in fact yeah i think most of the tune is a bit low and stuff. i will get around to revamping it some, plus the 3rd section of the tune haha. thanks for nice words :)

Yeah that second part is luscious! Loved the hanging synths and the background ambiance especially!

cool, i'm really glad you enjoyed it :3

thinking about it: the mix on a lot of my stuff lately has been a lil off, but i believe the android earbuds are the culprit. haven't had decent headphones in about 7 months til i found some in the attic recently LOL someone is storing an asinine amount of records and some dj equipment in my place, had a pair of sony mdr-v700s so i grabbed em hehe

Very nice! The pads are a little quiet, I can barely hear them... And the clunky detuned piano thing's a bit discordant, but I'm guessing that's the point... Very Tuss/Monolith/etc. Is that an 808 cowbell rush at 2:59 like in Antique Toy? :D I think my only real criticism is that whatever tiny genre The Tuss and Dave Monolith are in, there's far too many fans here making music that sounds pretty much the same. Put more of your own unique spin on it! "Do something new. Put a glowing thing around your neck or use... rubberized... Be new." You're good at your craft. Have the confidence to push yourself further.

Very nice! The pads are a little quiet, I can barely hear them... And the clunky detuned piano thing's a bit discordant, but I'm guessing that's the point... Very Tuss/Monolith/etc. Is that an 808 cowbell rush at 2:59 like in Antique Toy? :D I think my only real criticism is that whatever tiny genre The Tuss and Dave Monolith are in, there's far too many fans here making music that sounds pretty much the same. Put more of your own unique spin on it! "Do something new. Put a glowing thing around your neck or use... rubberized... Be new." You're good at your craft. Have the confidence to push yourself further.

yeah it is a shame though, all of the tuss/monolith sound-alikes...to be fair i have not listened to either in a long time as i tend to stray from those particular clumps of artists due to the obsessive copycatting i have heard which sadly turned me off from following some of their latest efforts (i never saw the point as a musician in emulating like 3 artists etc. it seems redundant - i could rant, hehe). i guess it is difficult to break from my roots, though! can't deny them, for sure. but will keep trying to push whatever i have to get out :)

anywho glad you enjoyed it :) and thanks for the feedback! i needed something like that :3

PS / / / it is a kind of cowbell rush there haha, forget which sample though, i think a an old korg machine perhaps....

I really enjoyed this. the only criticism I can offer really is maybe lose the vocal parts... I just feel like it detracts more than it adds, but that's all I really have negative to say about it, it's a very pleasant tune overall

I really enjoyed this. the only criticism I can offer really is maybe lose the vocal parts... I just feel like it detracts more than it adds, but that's all I really have negative to say about it, it's a very pleasant tune overall

ah yeah good point, will consider removing :) thanks for listening

Chill track, some really nice acid lines in there. Also the split in two halves so to say works very well IMO.

thanks :) yeah there is actually a middle section between the split halves that was really weird after i listened back. it changed to major key // happy feel, then right back into the moody end part, so idk if i will keep it in the end

• 2 weeks later...

second half is excellent but YO! the first half is great too. i love that squigly bass guy and wish he played a bigger role in the second half.

haha thanks man. the squiggly guy was apprehensive, was hard enough making him come out as much as he did :emotawesomepm9:

i like the two-part structure. i disagree with zoeb that you lack confidence or whatever the fuck she was talking about. this song is sick. also, i like the lofi version. i am very interested in hearing the polished version, too, but i am a sucker for lofi shit.

also, i really liked the vocals.

nice work.

i like the two-part structure. i disagree with zoeb that you lack confidence or whatever the fuck she was talking about. this song is sick. also, i like the lofi version. i am very interested in hearing the polished version, too, but i am a sucker for lofi shit.

also, i really liked the vocals.

nice work.

haha thanks for the feedback :) i will probably have the polished one on an EP soon, will post here i think too

Archived