IGNORED

Copa America

From what I've heard this isn't on UK TV, so I guess no one over there is watching.

Agree about Arg winning the tournament.

As I side note, I thank the gods that i can watch this in Spanish and not have to hear Alexi Lalas ffs.

god that panel was university of thick.

rob stone, lalas, gomez and some fat mexican. jesus. jp della-shithead calling the match. unwatchable.

i have half a mind to quit my job and become a soccer panelist. i have FAR more eloquence and insight into the game and I can do it with an american accent. hire me.

I'd gladly hire you Lopez. You can't be worse than Michael Owen or any of the Americans you listed. The only American I can halfway stand commenting is Friedel, and even then he's iffy a lot of the time.

Well done America though, at least you weren't the first team to go out. They'll most likely progress out of the group stages now, and then we'll have a week of Americans thinking they can actually win the thing.

Mgs5YoN.jpg

"The ads, which showed Colombian players in the home white jerseys, were pulled by Adidas after social media widely ridiculed he company for spelling the country 'Columbia.'

The company, which has its North American headquarters in Portland, Oregon, said in a statement Tuesday: “We value our partnership with the Colombian Football Federation and apologize for our mistake. We removed these graphics and are quickly installing new versions today."

the truth of the matter is that brazil just aren't that good. the management is cycling between dunga and scolari because the country has turned managing the national team into a total poison chalice. players are decent but a team without an organized back room is doomed to fail. exhibit A - germany.

a personally very exciting time for me because i've always hated brazil and their completely backwards belief that they are gods gift to the football world.

whining about a shitty call like that is what brazil have been reduced to. all brazilians really know that they should be able to destroy a weak peru side, shitty calls aside.

Pretty much agree with those assessments, although for a time Brazil could have believed the hype. Also if they ever do get organized like the Germans, watch the fuck out.

Archived