• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

skipped on buying the wii u myself. if the nx is backwards compatible with wii u then getting it is .. potentially .. an option :)^

it's actually releasing on the wii u and nx simultaneously

Guest bitroast

skipped on buying the wii u myself. if the nx is backwards compatible with wii u then getting it is .. potentially .. an option :)^

it's actually releasing on the wii u and nx simultaneously

oh yes ! my point is more.. nintendo releasing a new console normally starts off to a rocky start ... not many games.

if nx comes out, it'd be good opportunity for me to buy it and dig into the wii u catalogue ( what little there is to explore :^) ) not too interested in buying the wii u necessarily.

backwards compatibility seems pretty standard fanfare with nintendo consoles but im wondering how they'll ship gamepads ... if gamepad comes with console ?? etc. still need details on what nx is : |

i'm actually pretty excited about titanfall 2, i really loved the first one on the xbone, favourite shooter of recent times - i just hope they do stuff to give the mp enough longevity, don't really care about single player

Guest bitroast

the microsoft conference really pleased me ... having just bought a new pc. looks like microsoft are really wanting to go forward with merging the xbox/pc ecosystem :^) fine by me!!!!

Guest bitroast

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/hands-on-with-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

Zelda Wii U

~~~

That said, there isn’t much of a Wii U identity to this game. The game can be played with the console’s signature GamePad controller but can also be played with the conventional screenless Pro Controller. Aonuma said that players using the GamePad can use that controller’s screen to move the game’s display to the GamePad screen, but that screen doesn’t seem to do much else.

For the E3 demos, the GamePad screen shows the control mappings. “Previously, when I was playing with Mr Miyamoto, you might have seen that the map was on the GamePad screen,” Aonuma said, referring to a demo he did of the game two Decembers ago. “But after developing the game and playing the game we realised that having a smaller version of the map on screen is actually better so you know where you are at all times. So we decided to take it that route. Obviously if we find that there’s a great feature we could add to the GamePad, there is a possibility that we could do that.”

~~~

lol. i guess that's a bit of a hint as to what to expect for the nx then... doubt it will have a gamepad included with console..

Guest bitroast

really really caught my attention actually.

not just that video.. but.. (you guessed it) the giantbomb talking over it version, where one of the guys chatting had played the demo and was able to explain and point out the game mechanics. the mechanic of having to designate which direction you are swinging from + being able to see what direction the enemy will be swinging from and having the opportunity to counter that.

it looks like dynasty warriors on the surface but ... looks much better :^)

Guest bitroast

skyward sword had a lot of good going for it!!! it just happened to wrapped up in a whole lot of pretty terrible overarching design decisions >:|

The RE franchise peaked at the fourth installment. RE5 was basically RE4 in Africa, and after that Capcom pretty much turned it into a fecal cannonball made by a dung beetle rolling down a steep hill.

RE 1-4 & Code Veronica were all phenomenal for the time. Sad to see to the franchise go to shit like this. Never even played 6 but it looked and sounded like a joke.

Gameplay engine in COD Infinite Warfare is pretty impressive: artificial gravity can be toggled on/off, areas can be de-pressurized, new grappling hook mechanic for zero G combat, seamless transition in/out of spacecraft and out into spaceship battles.

This will be the best game of all T I M E!

Looks good, but not much of a challenge in this demo, ai is slow, also would like it to be gorier.

IMO a game about walking around murdering innocent people (well, they did have sex) has no real entertainment value.

Except the game is not only about murdering innocent people and you also play as the victim... You realize it's a multiplayer game right? It's like virtual hide and seek, only with gore... Seems fun

also those goombas and pokemons did nothing to you and you still beat the shit out of them so yeah

Archived