IGNORED

Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard of Danny Brown and didn't enjoy that track above one bit, actually hated his voice (sorry). I don't see what Warp would see in him either, seems a totally wrong fit.

fuck yeah danny made it to warp! he's an absolute beast that can spit on any beat, love him

track sounds promising, hyyype!!!

Never heard of Danny Brown

lol :catcry:

Lafawndah, Kelela, Future Brown and now this guy , warp seems to have a fixation on R&B, Hip Hop, Trap Pop stuff at the moment. When was the last time they signed an electronic artist ? at least we have the classic all star team releasing a shitload of good music.

Better than another boring indie band like !!! or Grizzly Bear. I like this signing.

srsly ?

100% Yes. I can't stand either of them.

100% Indeed! Didn't like the indie stuff either. I remember being all about it when Warp signed Anti Pop Consortium back in the day.

I'm fine with this. I just listened to XXX, and it was good. Not mind blowing, but definitely better than average. Previously I had just heard his features w/ Rustie and Dj Spinn, didn't think much of him. some of the misogynistic lyrics on XXX were cringey for me, but it's hard to hold it against him. Reminds me a little of Kool Keith.

Anyhow, as far as people getting butthurt, this ain't Future Brown. Not even close. I think Warp just wants to make it on end-of-year lists and keep themselves on the map. I think it's legit, Warp has grown wider than IDM, was never JUST about IDM... I think folks are mad because music like theirs doesn't have a chance of being on the label their heroes are on. OPN is the most IDM thing signed since before Flying Lotus as far as I can tell, and that's because there is a wider market than just WATMM for OPN's music.

In 2016 most IDM shit is self-released anyway, who the fuck cares?

or jamie lidell lol

Never heard of Danny Brown

lol :catcry:
yes amazingly some of us don't listen to hiphop
Well said that man

Might be totally wrong but... isn't it a BBC Workshop tune they've sampled? Something by Delia Derbyshire or John Baker? Gosh I know the tune they've sampled but can't find which one it actually is.

Might be totally wrong but... isn't it a BBC Workshop tune they've sampled? Something by Delia Derbyshire or John Baker? Gosh I know the tune they've sampled but can't find which one it actually is.

@1:01

Archived