IGNORED

Mike & Rich album turned 20 years old [Planet Mu Reissue]

FilziSH

Brivert & Muonds is great, never listened to it properly before because it was such shitty quality.

Waltz just sounds like a Mike P track, in fact wasn't it on his soundcloud at one point? It's very nice though.

Vodka Mix 2 isn't all that great, just makes the track worse. 

Organ Ploddy has some lovely afxy melodies.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been years since I've heard this album. Listening now I think I can appreciate it more despite the overall goofy feel (I know that is what they are going for). Nice re-issue. Got my 2xCD shipping notification. So many weird olde tyme rock-n-roll samples... and yeah that shit on Jelly Fish is like a dentist drill in my brain.

My cassette arrived today, the dispatched email arrived a few hours before. Bandcamp obviously late with the emails.

Enjoying this release much more than I expected too. 'Vodka', 'Eggy Toast' and 'Upright Kangaroo' are all great ?

Got my black vinyl copy from my local record shop today but no download code for digital! Does this mean I need to buy the digital version to get the files?

Same here...bought mine from Rough Trade for £29.99 this afternoon...support your local shop and all that.

If 'free' digital is only available by buying from the Mu shop, then they should maybe make that a bit fucking clearer on their page.

BOOHOO F1RST W0RLD PLOBLEMS FFS GUES ILL JUST ILEGAL DONwLOAD FILESZ 4ROM RUSIAN EXE SITE

(It's a fucking lush remaster and top jerb all round effort though)

Edited by ravedamage

Waltz is just fantastic.

Love it too, as well as Brivert & Muonds (so groovy!) and Organ Plodder. These three tracks together don't really fit in with the EKT album as such, but I'm glad Richard decided to include them anyway for the nostalgic heads out there. They're so mid 90's IDMish!

Really loving this reissue. Might prefer the second Vodka mix to the original even :) 

Waltz, Clissold Bathroom and Organ Plodder (sounds like a car honk at the start of Organ Plodder over the recording?) are already worth the reissue imo, as well as finally having Brivert & Muonds properly now! Top move Mike & Rich.

in case you missed it - mike is active again - sc

all the tracks he has put up are properly released already...unless i've missed something

The tracks are named and tagged wrong, gay

The "track" fields and filenames don't match up

I downloaded my files from bandcamp and they are fine.

Dunno if I should get worried since my discs aren't shipped yet. Some people seem to have received their copies ages ago.

Did you pull the FLAC from Bandcamp?  I keep getting a Failed - Network error, but I'm able to pull the v0 mp3 version.  Which I might just stick with...

Since I have a hard copy coming I was speaking of mp3s for my walkman. Don't know if flacs etc. have some issues so maybe Zeffolia was talking about them.

Got my shipping notification too. Blerp has totally spoiled me by always shipping the goodies few days before the release date. So here I'm waiting the same VIP treatment from every label and distributor. Hope to find some time to have a listening session this weekend.

it appears to be the bleep WAVs from track 7 on that are incorrect. Bu bu bu ba isn't track 10 as listed, but track 17, organ plodder.

11 vodka (mix 2) WAV = 2:03 MP3 = 4:23

12 portomento gosh WAV = 5:24 MP3 = 2:03

13 waltz WAV = 6:18 MP3 = 5:24

14 brivert WAV = 0:57 MP3 = 6:18

etc etc

no response from bleep, emailed them on the 2nd

all the tracks he has put up are properly released already...unless i've missed something

Did anyone get all the Global Communication remixes he took down?

Did anyone get all the Global Communication remixes he took down?

You mean this?

Biosphere (µ-Ziq Remix) [Reload]

Reload - The Augur (µ-Ziq Remix)

Reload - The Augur ( µ-Ziq Remix 2)

Reload - Peschi ( µ-Ziq Remix)

Global Communication - Obselon Minos ( µ-Ziq Remix)

You mean this?

Biosphere (µ-Ziq Remix) [Reload]

Reload - The Augur (µ-Ziq Remix)

Reload - The Augur ( µ-Ziq Remix 2)

Reload - Peschi ( µ-Ziq Remix)

Global Communication - Obselon Minos ( µ-Ziq Remix)

those were the titles as Mike uploaded them, but for "accuracy" - 
The Augur was by "Link" (Another Pritchard Alias) not "Reload"
and The Biosphere was by "Reload & E621" (Pritchard and Middleton together vs "Reload" which is just Pritchard...)