IGNORED

Aphex at NAMM??

Hail Sagan

My bad if it has already been posted. Am I misinterpreting something? Or is Richard going to premier some music making gear at NAMM?

ClqrGHlWYAAzBVy.jpg

https://twitter.com/AphexTwin?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

new shit's imminent? or is he just lending NAMM his old synth?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demonstration

also, I was curious how he basically got away with having the same font. color, and most importantly, the cheetah logo from that gear the album artwork was based off of. I know they stopped making synths but he (or TDR) still had to get the ok from someone who was behind cheetah, right? You think he may actually be working with some of those people on something?

I don't know why he would personally debut something in Tennessee. Unless there's another Nashville I'm unaware of.

NAMM is huge though, right? I'm not really up to speed on what it's all about but I always see guitar/gear heads talking about new instruments, effect pedals, etc. whenever it comes around.

Guest bitroast

speculation leads to disappointment. curious to see what it is. cheetah tracks being played live or something ?? maybe some ambient digipads ?? oh god. no. im SPECULATING.

Its a tantaliizing idea that RDJ may perform there on gear he partly invented??????

That would be awesome but I doubt it. Joyrex would be dropping ellipses left and right if some shit like that was about to go down...

same # as the aphex one in the pamphlet @ Brionic.

besides, Warp already have a Booth :dadjoke:

My "AND" was a follow up to my previous post - not 'Warp ALSO have a booth' Sorry for the confusion.

This isn't the cool synthy NAMM though is it? I thought this was at the guitar focused event, which is weird.

Finally getting that Richard D. James/Devin Townsend collab that absolutely nobody was asking for (god that would probably sound horrible)

richard pls !

d155d236d6.gif

I'm gonna guess it'll be a faux equipment demo but really just an excuse for Cheetah EP hype - just a screen playing the released track as a tease.

"Display Model" is the EP, not the equipment. i think

I'm gonna guess it'll be a faux equipment demo but really just an excuse for Cheetah EP hype - just a screen playing the released track as a tease.

"Display Model" is the EP, not the equipment. i think

If it's just going to be a Cheetah module playing the first EP track I'll be bound to be salty. They can only hype a song we've heard for about a year now for so long.

Archived