IGNORED

Posting my remake of "see on see", does anyone else have remixes they did?

Gotovo

I was twiddling around yesterday and recorded a little "see on see" remake. Thought you guys might like it :)

[sc5][/sc5]

I would be interested in hearing any remixes/ remakes you guys did. I've heard lots of Aphex Twin remixes and they always give me a fresh outlook on the original track, but i haven't found anything for AE.

I was twiddling around yesterday and recorded a little "see on see" remake. Thought you guys might like it :)

[sc5][/sc5]

I would be interested in hearing any remixes/ remakes you guys did. I've heard lots of Aphex Twin remixes and they always give me a fresh outlook on the original track, but i haven't found anything for AE.

where's the link?

[sc5][/sc5]

where's the link?

Well, seems like i haven't gotten the hang of soundcloud embedding, does this link work?

https://soundcloud.com/donrafaeli/c-on-c

There are a capella adaptations of Gnit and Rae, a piano cover of Overand (titled Andover) and that whole Pink Freud set covering Autrchre tracks. These are the ones I know of, but there may be more. I'll link them later if I can find them all.

I really like the instrumentation in your track!

There are a capella adaptations of Gnit and Rae, a piano cover of Overand (titled Andover) and that whole Pink Freud set covering Autrchre tracks. These are the ones I know of, but there may be more. I'll link them later if I can find them all.

The orchestral cover of Cfren by Alarm Will Sound is also worth mentioning

a capella Gnit

Rae

piano Andover

pretty nice bass guitar cover of Cichli by a wattmer

Pink Freud

There's also this: Play by Larsen, supposedly based loosely on Autechre melodies. Haven't listened though

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/larsen-play

The orchestral cover of Cfren by Alarm Will Sound is also worth mentioning

Yeah great one! I'd love to hear more reinterpretations of Confield tracks

[sc5][/sc5]

where's the link?

Well, seems like i haven't gotten the hang of soundcloud embedding, does this link work?

interesting! i like it. jako dobro ;)

..the evelio's perlence is ok, but i have some serious problems with evelio's narcissistic face. Serious problems.

Talking about Autechre and compositions for piano, I always found a strong relationship between Ligeti's Devil's Staircase and ae's Dial.

I am a visionary?
ps: same problem's with greg anderson's face

[sc5][/sc5]

where's the link?

This is really interesting, I'm not sure I'd have recognized it as see on see if you hadn't told me, though. But I mean that in a complimentary way, just very different take on the tone and arrangement. Well done.

sent using magic space waves

..the evelio's perlence is ok, but i have some serious problems with evelio's narcissistic face. Serious problems.

ps: same problem's with greg anderson's face

i wonder what else they have in common...

probably that attitude as "dark and handsome", which can hardly be reconciled with a music totally alien from narcissist context who is presumed to be ae or ligeti...

in truth even my sarcastic attitude about the faces of the musicians is not well adapted: it would be better if I were sterile and relativist as death, focused only on the sonic fact... but I'm a damn human being ...i know...

here is track of mine made with 444 in mind. and that see on see cover is great. xltronic as i remember had a compilation of remixes/remakes on ae long time ago.

xltronic as i remember had a compilation of remixes/remakes on ae long time ago.

It was a competition in 2003, with a winner chosen by Ae? Rae acapella from the 7th post was in contest. Goodhands team remix of naftwa4 won. Found it on bandcamp, 45:28 on side C:

http://redfrostindustries.bandcamp.com/album/austerity-mixtape

Somebody has uploaded all the tracks recently for exquisite fetishist pleasure:

https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/3zlwjh/xltronic_autechre_remix_contest_2003/

Some thoughts on some of the tracks:

Altibbound - This is kind of like Altibzz if it were in a scalding arctic wind. The synth used has similar qualities to the original, but with a harsh-sounding tail. I find it loud, anti-relaxing and unreassuring in the way the original is quiet, relaxing and reassuring.

C on C - Yes, this took me awhile to recognise too, but actually the plucked string sounds you've used are of a kind with a lot of Oversteps. Pretty cool when it gets busy towards the end. But I admit I was really pining for the key change parts :)

Perlence - Well he got the chords right. But my taste is for covers where someone tries to use the instrument (like this piano) to at least touch all the parts of the original. I'd rather the guy had been wacking away at the low notes in an attempt to recreate all the bubbling and rumbling.

Andover - .. It's been so long since I listened to Tri, I didn't recognise this 'til I broke out the original track. (I know my own contribution to this thread was from Tri, but it's something I did 9 years ago.)

Here's my 2008 sequenced steel guitar (basically played in on a MIDI keyboard) cover of Dael:

https://wadeclarke.bandcamp.com/track/dael-cover

excellent!

i like aeriae, aMay is deep.

Thanks much! My next Aeriae release is an EP on Clan Analogue later this year based on my live sets from my last album.

Altibbound - This is kind of like Altibzz if it were in a scalding arctic wind. The synth used has similar qualities to the original, but with a harsh-sounding tail. I find it loud, anti-relaxing and unreassuring in the way the original is quiet, relaxing and reassuring.

yes. spot on! i went with a darker and colder approach but still emotional. my working title was wintrzz and on the end i called it Altibbound cause it sounded like a child of Altibzz and newbound

• 2 weeks later...

Archived