IGNORED

Zomby x Burial - Sweetz

purlieu

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine writing this and thinking: "Yeah that'll do" -

Opening with a strong blast of weed smoke, a looped vocal vocal lick rotates an endless chorus of 'get me fucked up, get me fucked up' before fading into the oblivion, emerging in and out of the track, it starts to echo through at intervals to the end, sounding like the first step of the night towards the panic-stricken end blow of the early 90's panic attack jungle tracks produced by Subnation, Remarc and Johnny Jungle. If true, a fitting tribute from two artists who have worn their love for the sound on their sleeves. Possibly following the samples demand, they shake and spark a running on empty clipper lighter against a two player run on Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake's weapon reloads finishing the drum break while a layer of crackle signature to Burials sound cloaks the track's whole being.

(https://bleep.com/release/74598-zomby-x-burial-sweetz)

Yeah I don't know why these type of reviews really piss me off and get my goat, I don't have anything against descriptive writing but it's like I will decide what it sounds like, then I will decide what it means to me, I will decide wether I like it or not and then I will decide if I'm going to pay for it or not. Not Bleep Bloke or Boomkat Bloke or anyone else. Its almost like the more elaborate horseshit they can come up with I might think otherwise. Their Jedi mind-tricks never work on me.

Imagine writing this and thinking: "Yeah that'll do" -

Opening with a strong blast of weed smoke, a looped vocal vocal lick rotates an endless chorus of 'get me fucked up, get me fucked up' before fading into the oblivion, emerging in and out of the track, it starts to echo through at intervals to the end, sounding like the first step of the night towards the panic-stricken end blow of the early 90's panic attack jungle tracks produced by Subnation, Remarc and Johnny Jungle. If true, a fitting tribute from two artists who have worn their love for the sound on their sleeves. Possibly following the samples demand, they shake and spark a running on empty clipper lighter against a two player run on Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake's weapon reloads finishing the drum break while a layer of crackle signature to Burials sound cloaks the track's whole being.

(https://bleep.com/release/74598-zomby-x-burial-sweetz)

Lol holy fuck that's terrible

sweetz is such a half-assed composition. This is the dumb thing about labels... This should have never made it to wax, but just because of the names involved, the label jumped on the hype train hoping it would sell, and now the distributors have to hype to hock this POS as well. Passing the shitbuck down the line to the consumers, hoping for blind buys and pre-orders

I bought this fucking LIMITED EDITION 10" WHITE LABEL SWEETZ EP :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

After hearing full version couple of times I'm soooo disappointed. I was hoping for something much better, like Truant mixed with zomby's brake ups '93 or something like that.

Only heard that 'sober edit' from above, so can't really comment, as every other preview is down at the moment. But it definitely felt like pure Rival Dealer esque Burial. Track was lit. Are people waiting for Distant Lights 2016?

Dunno what you boys expected. Hard to define where Zombys influence lies here, but maybe the vocal nonsense was his deal.

But it definitely felt like pure Rival Dealer esque Burial.

problem right there. Rival Dealer the track was just passable for me, and as a release it was easily the worst thing he's ever done.

Errr... he hasn't exactly done that many things.

Personally I love Rival Dealer, and imo its better than Truant, Street Halo and Kindred as far as his post 2006/7 album work goes.

You seriously don't fuck with Hiders or Come Down to Us?

These are fucking all time jams, bud. Stylistically they're different than the original stuff, but the emotional appeal that was the crux of all it is still there. Maybe more than ever.

Do you like Four Walls? (the Massive Attack collab)

I think the rest of that EP is a pisstake. and Four Walls was too smeary and disjointed to be engaging through its entire length, which was disappointing to me because I was expecting him to do amazing things with Massive Attack material given some of his other stellar remixes (the Jamie Woon one is my favourite). I like tracks of his that have a driving rhythm, or if they're ambient, they're punchy and no-filler.

anyway, what he really needs is a new direction. this muddlefest of a tune he's done with Zomby is not a sign of evolution in his staylz.

Rival Dealer the track was just passable for me, and as a release it was easily the worst thing he's ever done.

I just listened to Rival Dealer (the track) for the first time in a while and I take this back, it's better than passable. it works. I like it more than when I first heard it anyway. but the rest of the EP is still turriblez.

Rival Dealer the track was just passable for me, and as a release it was easily the worst thing he's ever done.

I just listened to Rival Dealer (the track) for the first time in a while and I take this back, it's better than passable. it works. I like it more than when I first heard it anyway. but the rest of the EP is still turriblez.

was that the tranny christmas carol thing? i wiped that from my memory.

woah woah, tranny is an offensive term. I don't know what Burial's gender is, but it's not okay to be casually transphobic because of whatever your impression of them or their music is

nah, come down to us was tranny christmas carol. rival dealer was just gay.

Yeah it was a bad choice of term but IIRC Slacker was referring to the content of the track's lyrics rather than any of the people working on it

I'm missing something here - not feeling the track at all? Everything Burial has released post Truant / Rough Sleeper just doesn't work for me.

come down to us is a masterpiece imo

Archived