IGNORED

Zomby x Burial - Sweetz

purlieu

so is zomby really burial? that Hiders track is so damn FEELS it's crazy. got teary listening to it just now

srry meant hiders

anyone know those piano chords so i can learn to play dem?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty descent sweetz

feeling both buricat and zomby

on some point your like, and now, release the breaks! but they never do. still pretty solid

Yeah it's like he broke through a wall when he did rival dealer ep.

Will took that emotional-sample collage to the next level throughout the whole ep but particularly at the end of the track Rival Dealer. He cut up the audio of a NASA interview

and took single words completely out of context, to create an entirely new story.

He really tapped the pure emotion and passion the woman has about outer space and stargazing and turns it into an extremely hopeful and inspiring journey

as we follow this woman up a stairway and onto a rooftop as she seductively tells us of a unique experience in which she was visited by something from "up there"

I don't know of anyone else sampling in such a creative way, and to evoke such emotions. It really works for me.

Oh and the closer track. It's lynchian and dark and emo and meandering and dope af, hands down, my favorite track of his so far, that's Come Down To Us.

Yeah it's like he broke through a wall when he did rival dealer ep.

Will took that emotional-sample collage to the next level throughout the whole ep but particularly at the end of the track Rival Dealer. He cut up the audio of a NASA interview

and took single words completely out of context, to create an entirely new story.

He really tapped the pure emotion and passion the woman has about outer space and stargazing and turns it into an extremely hopeful and inspiring journey

as we follow this woman up a stairway and onto a rooftop as she seductively tells us of a unique experience in which she was visited by something from "up there"

I don't know of anyone else sampling in such a creative way, and to evoke such emotions. It really works for me.

Oh and the closer track. It's lynchian and dark and emo and meandering and dope af, hands down, my favorite track of his so far, that's Come Down To Us.

Damn cool post, makes me wanna play Rival Dealer again which I haven't done for a long long time.

Last time I spun it I broke down in tears because it had such an emotional effect on me (you can see the post on the Rival Dealer thread). I had a good friend who commited suicide and.....anyway. Perhaps this time I listen to it I'd see it in still an emotional way but perhaps a more positive light. But its Saturday and I'm in a good mood so perhaps not now.

I disagree, of course, I feel like this new colab just extends the feels and sound of his last ep.

perfect compliment to that ep btw, maybe that Keysound record was too, i need to relisten to that.

seems like a cool as hell track to stick in the middle of an album imo, it's like when trent reznor stuck afx in the middle of his ep, i'd be honored

last few posts made Rival Dealer seem worth checking out again... big mistake

Yeah I'm not sure I ended up crying because my mate had killed himself or Rival Dealer was so bad, shouldn't laugh about such things really. Bad karma and all that. I think I'm gonna duck out this thread.

I'm a huge huge Burial fan and have defended most of his recent output...and the only way I can describe this track is embarrassing. I'm really not in the habit of saying something if I don't have anything nice to say, but god damn, what the fuck happened here?

I think this track is petty decent. I like most burlel, but I don't like rival dealers nor do I like 99.9% of Zomby's music. Thank you for reading. I rate this post a weak 2/10.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll be damned, Ultra was actually a decent album. Not great, still a lot of filler imo but his collabs with Rezzett and Banshee were nice surprises. Sweets was a letdown though and I went in with low expectations for it specifically. 

Archived