IGNORED

Petty arguing outlet?

sweepstakes

The new forum software has a reputation feature - I think that will be a useful benchmark for people to call out people on bad behaviour and hopefully get them to reconsider their actions.

Ooh if that's anything like the karma feature in phpbb that will not end well !

Yeah... thankfully it's an optional feature - it's still under consideration.

positive reinforcement might work, negative votes would be a source of much trolling I think.

I think negative could work on a per-post (rather than per-user) basis. Positive reinforcement seems better on the surface but I dislike the idea of WATMM becoming more facebook/reddit like where people try to nurture their fragile little egos by baiting for likes/upvotes. Absurdity and inanity is one of my favorite parts of WATMM culture, and systemically gamifying things would probably ruin that.

I'd much rather have the option of spectating some good old fashioned popcorn.gif drama when the opportunity arises, but offering a specific outlet for that instead of letting it spill into mostly unrelated discussions. Some kind of "detouring" seems ideal to me, and some way for non-mods to flag posts/arguments worthy of it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have upset **insert whiney bitch's member name**, you receive 3 stern sentences from Cylob. You are now at reputation level - Flahbulb.

i'm not sure what all the fuss is about. if you don't like the way a thread has evolved/devolved, can't you just, like, not read that thread?

yeah loads

man if this is about the moths...this isn't going to end well

i'm not sure what all the fuss is about. if you don't like the way a thread has evolved/devolved, can't you just, like, not read that thread?

yeah loads

Don't even discuss that with me, you dust coated, caterpillar hoarding scoundrel!

yeah loads

Don't even discuss that with me, you dust coated, caterpillar hoarding scoundrel!

oh shit

*performs the blade runner as a one man off broadway play*

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.

Guest Morphy

it amazes me how open people are with threats online in 2016. I believe people should be more concerned and aware about the timbre of their online fingerprints. Most of it is creative stress release and I'm sure algorithms of the future will take that into account...

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.

Who? Wat? Really?

Let's usher about a new era of taking WATMM back to the dark ages! ALL ABORD THE WITCH TRIALS TRAIN

giphy.gif

Most arguments can be solved via gumbo, BBQ's and shared love for animals. All those that are not solved by that, will be solved by a real disturbing, semi-autistic, mob-mentality - forged by years of having to see threads be turned into 16 page long rabbles. It's exactly what JE knew WATMM would become. After all, according to neo-con theory - you have to have an enemy image in order to have a society. So let's make one!

Our enemy shall be whomever needs to burn brightest to cleanse the shit-posting sins of the way too serious poster with conflicting ideas to the general group consensus. WHO'S WITH ME?! Let's make WATMM great again.

WATMM is like classic literature and I will not understand all the fine nuance if I skip chapters.

The thing is, certain members bring their petty fights with them to all the threads they post in. I guess there's always the ignore function that comes preinstalled in my brain, I'll try to use that.

Have to admit though, some of these heated political/religious arguments make good popcorn moments. It wouldn't be as entertaining here otherwise.

Who? Wat? Really?

Classic copypasta

I fucking knew you shared an account with Lion. MYTH CONFIRMED SHIT STAIN.

Archived