pizza

THE REFERENDUM ON THE UK'S MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU HAS HAD APPALLING CONSEQUENCES. IT HAS AMPLIFIED MANY DIVISIONS IN SOCIETY AND IN PARTICULAR HAS HELPED TO RE-ESTABLISH XENOPHOBIA AS LEGITIMATE AND ACCEPTABLE. WITNESSING THIS AGAINST THE GLOBAL BACKDROP OF A RESURGENCE OF THE FAR-RIGHT, IT'S ESSENTIAL THAT THOSE WHO FIND THESE DEVELOPMENTS UNACCEPTABLE MAKE THEIR THOUGHTS KNOWN AND TAKE ACTION.

THIS PIECE OF MUSIC WAS WRITTEN IN THE AFTERMATH OF THE REFERENDUM AND I PRESENT IT AS THE BASIS OF AN INTERNATIONALIST COLLABORATION WITH SOUND MAKERS IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT KIND OF MUSIC THEY MAKE, WHERE THEY LIVE, THEIR BACKGROUND, THEIR AGE - ALL ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE. IT IS NOT OFFERED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROGRESSIVE POLITICAL ACTION BUT AS A COMPLEMENT TO IT. I PUT IT FORWARD IN DEFIANCE OF THE BIGOTRY THREATENING THE FRAGILE CONNECTIONS THAT EXIST BETWEEN US ALL. I HOPE IT WILL BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO REAFFIRM SOME OF THOSE CONNECTIONS AMIDST A VERY DISTURBING SITUATION.

I HAVE PROVIDED A FINISHED MIXDOWN OF THE PIECE AND AUDIO STEMS OF THE CONSTITUENT INSTRUMENTAL PARTS. ALSO AVAILABLE ARE SCORES AND A MIDI FILE REPRESENTING THE NOTE TO NOTE INFORMATION. TAKE THE PARTS AND USE THEM HOWEVER YOU LIKE. IT COULD BE SUBTLY REMIXED OR REWORKED BEYOND RECOGNITION. CHANGE THE INSTRUMENTATION, THE KEY, THE ORDER OF NOTES, THE NOTES THEMSELVES - IT IS ABSOLUTELY OPEN. THE ONLY STIPULATION IS THIS: IF YOU WANT YOUR PIECE TO BE LISTED ON THIS SITE THEN IT MUST HAVE THE TITLE "MIDI SANS FRONTIÈRES". YOU ARE WELCOME NOT TO USE THAT TITLE FOR WHATEVER YOU DO BUT THAT MEANS WE CAN'T HOST YOUR PIECE.

www.squarepusher.net

• Like 1

so what is this exactly ,first you have to download the wavs or midi files and then make a song out of them ?

well gee I don't know, it's pretty ambiguous...

I HAVE PROVIDED A FINISHED MIXDOWN OF THE PIECE AND AUDIO STEMS OF THE CONSTITUENT INSTRUMENTAL PARTS. ALSO AVAILABLE ARE SCORES AND A MIDI FILE REPRESENTING THE NOTE TO NOTE INFORMATION. TAKE THE PARTS AND USE THEM HOWEVER YOU LIKE. IT COULD BE SUBTLY REMIXED OR REWORKED BEYOND RECOGNITION. CHANGE THE INSTRUMENTATION, THE KEY, THE ORDER OF NOTES, THE NOTES THEMSELVES - IT IS ABSOLUTELY OPEN. THE ONLY STIPULATION IS THIS: IF YOU WANT YOUR PIECE TO BE LISTED ON THIS SITE THEN IT MUST HAVE THE TITLE "MIDI SANS FRONTIÈRES".

^lol

This sounds fun though, may just give it a go next week. Interesting idea done for good reason as well.

So from what it says, there'll just be all songs there named the exact same thing? I wonder if this means there'll be no distinction at all, just a mass of tracks with no artist attached...

it's an inspired sounding track. i like it a lot. i haven't liked much of his output for a while but this track is great.

downloading the mixdown stems now to have a mess around with them at some point.

seeing this first thing this morning made me feel really good. Tom for Prime Minister, make Old Blighty great again.

Am I the only one who's missing the point of this collaborative effort? It reminds of that one South Park episode where this group of hippies organise a music festival to fight the big bad corporations by smoking weed and playing music all day. It's a nice gesture, but in the end it seems completely self-indulgent.

It's just a nice hippie collabs across borders innit, not much to it.

My god playing around with Tom midi files is SO MUCH FUN!!!!! THANKS TOM!!!! I say fuck stems,Play with those MIDI files!

Edited by fxbip