IGNORED

Behringer Synth

pH1

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

I went to the Sheffield synthfest but didn't have a go on that virtual thing. I did have a couple of mins on the synth though. There was alot of people around so didn't get the chance to put it in an init patch and get to hear the bones of it like I wanted to. Presets were garbage but can hear that it's a pretty nice sounding synth. Maybe a bit too clean and dare I say sterile like the Prophet 6.

• 3 weeks later...

sounds lovely, and that chord memory feature is LUSH

I don't know if you can use the arpeggiator AND the multi-chord memory thing at the same time, but if not, MIDI master keyboard to MIDIpal to DM12 chord memory would be pretty amazing (and the other way, local control off, loop the midi out through the MIDIpal arpeggiator and back to the input, and play with the chord memory through the arpeggiator.  Both have a ton of potential, and might be possible to do completely in the DM12, won't know until the manual is public.

I'm intrigued about the system-8 after hearing quite a nice 101 from the system-1.  Its something I really need to try in a shop to see if I gel with the sound though. Ive also always liked the performance aspect of the Roland polys, they do nail that part very well, plus a nice split mode & they could have something interesting.    I really dont want big airy smooth pad #93868792356 though

I agree with you that the dm sounds nicer.  $999 usd, thats RRP as well so can be had for cheaper - they have knocked it out of the park with this one havent they

Keep in mind that those Plug Out Synths like the SH-101 are probably going to be extra purchases once you own the unit. 

And the 101 plugout can only be played monophonically. Missed opportunity!!

I feel like this thing is gonna sell so well, that it'd actually be profitable for someone to put out a better designed faceplate, knobs, and end replacement kit for it. With a visual makeover, this thing could feel as badass as it performs.

If everyone in the world had the same interests, billions of people would be listening to sonic demos of this Behringer analog synth right now.

It's all the rage in this post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. I really like the sound of it and am not ashamed to admit it. 

Seems pretty damn versatile. Does a good Oberheim impression from the sounds of some of the brass-ier and sawtooth-ier patches. I've been looking for a new modern poly and this is sounding like a better plan than dropping 2200 on a new OB-6. 

Archived