IGNORED

Behringer Synth

pH1

Devine wearing a Xanopticon shirt grabbed more of my attention.

was my only takeaway from the vid. he hasn't done anything in like, 7 years, right? (xano, not dick).

He did some remixes.Look for them.They are amazing!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they price it too low they will have no where to pitch lower spec products. 'If' the €500 price were true would they then do a 4-voice for €150???

I hope it does well as it sounds good from the demos. Reading the posts from Uli seems a decent guy and his gear has helped me out a few times over the years. I'm not in the market for an analog poly synth but a low price 12-voice analog drum machine with that fancy screen and fx would pique my interest.

If I had a big space I'd love to have a bunch of keyboards, but as it is I'm happier to have a bunch of rack/desktop synths and one master keyboard with a nice keybed and bend/mod ($50 thrift shop Korg i30 has dethroned my old one, plays great and has the Trinity/Triton joystick I love more than anything).  The option of throwing it in a case with a little, cheap MIDI keyboard or a sequencer or something to play a show rather than having to lug a full sized keyboard is appealing, too.

I believe the rack is still in concept phase, Uli from Behringer was asking people at Gearslutz for input based on the picture.      

Right, butit sounds like there was a really positive responese, so if they officially announce it I'd seriously consider waiting on the keyboard to get it instead.

It is nice to have more than one full size midi keyboard, though.

Yeah, if they make a rack version, which seems pretty likely, I'm definitely going to save up for one. For me a push and a 61 key midi controller provide enough note input options. For some reason rack versions are a lot more ergonomically appealing to me than keyboards.     

If I was a real keyboardist I'd probably get more out of having multiple dedicated keyboards, but I'm a guitarist and hack keyboardist so one is plenty, and being able to mix and match controllers with synths without a bunch of extra keyboards getting in the way is nice.

I've been really hurting for something that can get in to vaguely Jupiter 8/Matrix 12 territory at a price I can afford for a long time though, so one way or the other I'm mostly sold on this

Guest Chesney

They right out say that it's a progression on the Juno 106. But obviously adding lots of extras like another osc, lfo, envs etc etc.

They have based the filters on the 106 fairly closely they say.

Yeah, it's definitely Rolandy, that's why I'm excited about it, since I missed the window for affordable Roland polysynths by a few years (about a decade ago people I played in bands with considered Juno series stuff good budget synths, because you could get a 60 for around $400 easily, and the others weren't much different.  At one point there were 3 Juno 60s in may practice space just sitting around.  If we'd only known.

Yeah that one..

Really getting to love my hybrid studio now.  Even tho im really late to the party ive still learnt some good tricks over the years

Archived