What in The Fuck is elyc6 0nset

i just listened to this in full, what in the actual fuck is this? This is like the background noise of thoughts. It is just the most abstract shyt I've ever heard. 16 minutes in and its basically one guy with a digital digeridoo and another guy with a box drum. what the fuck. actual digital jam band. literally the grateful dead but rave. what the fuck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very interesting track on elseq. Enjoy the chilled, playfully squidgy funk up till around the 11/12 minute mark, but after the intergalactic snake charmer has exited the stage, the beat becoming coma

It's the "campfire" bit of the 2015 sets, doused in psilocybin until it becomes pure fungal consciousness.

Posted Images

yeah it's a banger tbh, I love the last few minutes where it sounds like a collapsing gameboy soundchip

actual digital jam band.

Yeah, this. I can't much get into it, or a fair chunk of the tracks on elseq, because of this. There's some amazing stuff in this track but...it just goes and goes and goes. I can't jive with that shit, just can't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: shruggie was broken because tapatalk. it was important that i fix it.

Edited by auxien

actual digital jam band. literally the grateful dead but rave. what the fuck

a few years ago I had this realization that Ae were my Grateful Dead. And I am a deadhead.

so I wore my Dead shirt to the show in Austin

fuck jam band shit 4 real tho

and yes, track is wicked. same reaction when its over.....what the actual fuck was that?

Edited by monoppus

the possibility that it's related to the campfire guitar song closing Krakow and the ring mod pod car music around 45:33 in Dour Ae_Live gave me a friendly point of entry initially. The length and general ridiculousness of the track makes it difficult to get a handle on.

It seems to have a lighthearted playful feel that makes it stand out in the elseqs for me.

elyc6 0nset and artov chain (practically polar opposites stylistically) are probably my two most listened tracks

actual digital jam band. literally the grateful dead but rave. what the fuck

a few years ago I had this realization that Ae were my Grateful Dead. And I am a deadhead.

so I wore my Dead shirt to the show in Austin

fuck jam band shit 4 real tho

and yes, track is wicked. same reaction when its over.....what the actual fuck was that?

Great track. Super psychedelic. They really start clownin near the end!

Ah fuck I quoted the wrong person above

meant to quote this

I cannot abide by this track because of its length. I would love it otherwise.

missed my window to edit

elyc6 0nset is one I could never get into. Just makes me think of some robot passing out on the floor after drinking 5 pints of coolant

Think less. Why would anyone make a track about some robot passing out on the floor after drinking 5 pints of coolant? So it must be something else, right? Also, itz music not a comic book. Totally different level of abstraction. So imo itz not about this or that specificaly.

Edited by xox

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MIXL2
      Thing I made.
      Looks a bit like a "caracol".
    • By Zephyr_Nova
      "I can't get used to purgatory, you know it really makes me cry"
      - Iron Maiden, Purgatory.
    • By Entorwellian
      Vocals are one of the more precarious elements that someone can perform in an IDM track. Quite a few artists have ruined their careers just from adding vocals in, even if they are semi-good, and never recovered (Cex, Tycho, some other ones in the EDM community). Hell, Squarepusher was lucky to get out unscathed from doing F-Train on Do You Know Squarepusher. Even as an instrument, over-reliance of vocal elements in an IDM track make it sound disingenuous to the electronic part of the composition even if they're chopped up or whatever, which is why I can't really get into Holly Herndon's stuff either. I'm not tone deaf and I've written lyrics for other people, but I never could integrate them into my own music deliberately. It's something I really want to do, but I have never found a way to integrate them in a way that didn't sound like they were divorced from the track or have to turn them into a part of the harmony to hide their presence. I've shopped around for singers for my material but not one of them that I met could add anything additional my songs in a way that thought was appropriate or synergistic, and that either the singer was competing with the track or the track was competing with the singer.

It's something that I play around with in my mind and occasionally sing with some of my tracks off-the-record, but it feels off to add pop-lyrics into something technically inclined and it also feels off being pedantically obtuse to the point of being pretentious for egotistical reasons. Is it possible?!? I'm more just curious with some of the other producers on here if you've wanted to do vocals on your tracks but couldn't for technical reasons, confidence reasons, or whatever.
    • By sweepstakes
      Genuine question! The way I see it, gain is a budget, and normalizing just makes you start the game with lots of money in the bank.

I get it, you also raise the noise floor and the resolution is diminished a bit, but is that REALLY that big of a deal? Does that signal loss really matter that much? I thought that was the whole point of having much higher bit-rate effects processing was that you just had an order of magnitude less things to give a shit as long as the levels sounded right (and of course your monitoring situation was reasonably well-calibrated).

Is this just a pristine audio from soup-to-nuts kind of thing? Is that what everyone is shooting for these days unless you're doing some intentionally, over-the-plate lo-fi witch-house-ecco-vape-goth-rave-seinfeld thing or whatever the kids are calling it these days? 

P.S. Not trying to pick on anyone here if we might have happened to have a germane discussion. This is one of those nagging "Am I just really stupid(*) or, is this that thing where everyone is afraid of asking the same thing" questions.

P.P.S. Mods, feel free to merge... this was the most relevant thread I could find: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/70902-normalising-tracks 

* Also if I am just being stupid please explain. I will not get butthurt about being stupid, I promise.
    • By drillkicker
      I was just reading some lyrics by David Tibet, which is a bad idea because it tends to make me feel awful about my own writings. So to make myself feel better, I'd like you all to tell me your own favorites, because there have to be others out there who are as good as him. Post your favorite lyrics by them as well, if you want to. There really isn't enough talk about lyrics on this forum, anyway.