IGNORED

What in The Fuck is elyc6 0nset

Salvatorin

This track has grown on me immensely. That feeling when every sound finds its place and is part of an umbrella pattern, when no segment ever outstays its welcome and each individual sound to takes on an addictive, luxurious feel.

The structure of the whole thing reminds me a bit of the EP7 artwork, like some alien culture forming electrical strands in a huge petri dish under a dome made of tangy lemon sherbet. It's the lentic catachresis of elseq.

Edited by AJW

a loner! a rebel!

elyc6 is great in the car, perfect driving music. probably a train too but I don't have a train handy. maybe just moving, cuz it accompanies a morning workout with style and class. to me it exhibits a prized quality, a rare quantity: the state of being known as Pod Car Music.

got that Pod Car Music vibes.

elyc6 0nset is one I could never get into. Just makes me think of some robot passing out on the floor after drinking 5 pints of coolant

Sober_Bender_by_DeltaP42.jpg

Think less. Why would anyone make a track about some robot passing out on the floor after drinking 5 pints of coolant? So it must be something else, right? Also, itz music not a comic book. Totally different level of abstraction. So imo itz not about this or that specificaly.

Why would anyone make a cartoon about a robot passing out on the floor after *being stone cold sober? BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO who knows

but yeah i doubt its about a robot, but I might like the track more if it was.

The first time I listened to this I was on the edge of sleep throughout but it was playing loud enough to keep me at that level of consciousness for the whole track. Very intense experience... like a combination of the stargate sequence in 2001 and the pic of Bender above

this track definitely reminds me of a psychedelic trip slowly coming on. you're excited, expectant, but also somewhat nervous & uneasy as whatever you've taken gradually takes effect and things start to get more abstract.

I listened to this once while walking around an unfamiliar part of the woods near where I live and getting more lost as the track got weirder. Now I associate the track with that experience every time I hear it (and I'm fine with that).

• 3 weeks later...

it's got something to do with a using socket wrench to try to tighten some bolts on the legs of a ping pong table without using another wrench or pliers to hold the other side of the bolts steady. works for a while and then becomes a pretty silly endeavor.

blowing bubbles in water with a straw or during a relaxing bath sound great with the track.

This track never ceases to amaze me

As described once by someone describing Cfern (I think it was?) It's another case of having some kind of (surprisingly soothing) liquid metal gradually injected into your brain.

• 1 month later...

anyone ever get that feeling that there's an inevitability of liking an autechre track that from the outset you can't really find listenable yet you train yourself to discern a concept or buried rhythm/melody within regardless of whether or not it's objectively there? Me neither

...and why we are doing this with ae's music more than with others'? Me neither  :cat:

• 7 months later...

Now that time has passed we can all come together and agree that this is the best track of the century so far.

Love and light

Now that time has passed we can all come together and agree that this is the best track of the century so far.

I do not agree

Though I do like it

Just...less that other high points on the release

I will admit it is much better than the low points of this relsease

I just personally still can't enjoy this as a track, as a piece of music to listen to.  Only as a sound design experiment

I don't like the constant high frequencies, they irritate my ears too soon into the half hour.  If it was pitched down one octave I'd prefer it.  In fact I'll do that and take a listen...

Yeah, half speed is way more listenable as far as frequency range for me.  Still almost unpleasant though.  I hate saying this, lol, because I can tell it's a great track in other respects.

=oP

I thought 1 or 4 would be the ones I listened to when I first got it... But 2 is the one I seem to gravitate to more often than not. Elyc6 0nset and c7b2 are just so frick'n... Incredible. All of elseq seems to take me to other worlds, but these two tracks are so intense... They do something to my mind I haven't really comprehended even after hundreds of playthroughs.

Such great tracks. =oD