IGNORED

Autechre track titles deciphred

bronchuseven

Surely some people here might find this interesting... someone has gone to considerable trouble to attempt to find meaning in Ae's song names. Maybe they're just interpreting a message wherein there is none, but it's still pretty interesting.

for example:

Eidetic Casein:

1. Eidetic means "of or pertaining to exceptionally clear and detailed visualisation", as in "eidetic memory" (that is, photographic memory).

2. Casein is a protein in dairy products. it's gluey, and used in making plastics and synthetic fibers.

3. Some people with autism and Asperger's syndrome are sensitive to casein, and Asperger's syndrome is sometimes characterized by eidetic memory. Therefore, this title could be a reference to autism and Asperger's syndrome.

This is way old, but still a cool site. Even though Sean said they were way off base like 9 times out of 10 in an interview.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

he's already way off base with his analyzation of autechre

unlike films i sorta feel like instilling yr own meaning in shit like this is dumb if you are totally wrong

whereas in film, if you're wrong, its still all good. you're making the movie your own.

making song titles yr own is a little less fun.

Guest epsy

This guy looks a little deeper than anybody should about this stuff. really obsessive.

Makes me worry for autechre will get the mark david chapman treatment by somebody holding a revolver and a max/msp manual instead of catcher in the rye.

This guy looks a little deeper than anybody should about this stuff. really obsessive.

Makes me worry for autechre will get the mark david chapman treatment by somebody holding a revolver and a max/msp manual instead of catcher in the rye.

lol at the max/msp manual

Coming up with theories is all good and fun, but at the end of the day there are more important things to care about

I think most of them are theories emailed to him anyway.

I don't really think he's there to decipher them so much as make sense of them.

mm i forgot how cool the cover of amber is tho

I always thought it was synthetic or a model, but those formations are real. In a place called Cappadocia.

http://gallery.hd.org/_c/travel/_more2003/...ey-SEW.jpg.html

Just a fun fact...

Holy crap....

I can't believe it... I read that and thought "yeah but it's still a painting right...?" looked at the cd cover and watched my mind instantly transform the image into a photo :P Funny how you don't notice these things until someone points it out...

Some journalists have commented that Bill Gates shares some of the character traits common among people with Asperger's, but he has not been diagnosed with it.

All I know is that the singer from The Vines supposedly has it.

I think most of them are theories emailed to him anyway.

I don't really think he's there to decipher them so much as make sense of them.

correct, i think. i mailed him some stuff about kalpol introl and theme of sudden roundabout, and he put it up.

Archived