IGNORED

Stranger Things

Atop

http://www.inquisitr.com/3417080/stranger-things-season-2-new-cast-millie-bobby-browns-eleven-and-future-seasons/

Putting this in spoiler tags in case somebody hasn't seen the first series yet:

The co-creator of the show Matt Duffer spoke about the kids on Stranger Things and compared the challenges of them growing to Harry Potter. Speaking with IGN, Duffer revealed that the next season will start one year after the events concluding Season 1.

“Yeah, you have to do the Harry Potter thing,” he explained. “You have to jump a year. Because, like, Gaten [Dustin], his voice has already dropped quite a bit, to the point where we couldn’t even do ADR [automated dialogue replacement] with him. We had to pitch it way up. It’s dropped. He’s grown. As much as I would love to have it be Christmas right after that, it’s just not feasible, so we’re going to skip a year. They’ll be a year older, and all their changes they’re going through, we’ll take that into account and kind of work that into the show.”

The events that took place in the year will also be part of the storyline. The pieces will be put together as the series goes on. Duffer also revealed that Steven Spielberg and Stephen King’s work influenced the show, and the next season is more like a sequel.

In an interview with SlashFilms, the show’s producer, Shawn Levy, revealed that your favorite cast members are not going anywhere (more on Millie Bobby Brown’s Eleven later). The producer also revealed the they have a story that could be told over several seasons and new cast members will be introduced.

It was also revealed that the show’s creators have several documents that explain the monsters and upside down world; however, they didn’t have time to explain all in this season and more will be revealed as the show goes on.

The biggest mystery in the Season 1 finale was Eleven, the powerful girl that opened up the gate to the other world and who was played by Millie Bobby Brown. After destroying the monster, it seems like Eleven disappeared. However, Sheriff Hopper, played by David Harbour, is later seen leaving an Eggo and other snacks in a box in the woods, which indicates Eleven may still be alive.

The show’s creator doesn’t give us much on Eleven, but Duffer did not say that she is dead.

“Obviously something happened to her when she destroyed and killed that monster and we don’t know where she went,” he said of Eleven. “Hopper is left with this guilt because he sold her out. We wanted to leave it sort of mysterious exactly what he knows … Have there been sightings in the woods or is he hoping she’s out there or has he already made contact with her? We don’t answer any of that, but we like the idea of potentially putting her and Hopper together.”

The next season will also explore Will Byers’ condition and what effect being in the other world may have had on him. It was revealed that the air in that world is toxic, and Byers was therefore several days with no protection. He is also seen coughing out a slug in the final episode of Season 1.

Sheriff Hopper is also seen entering a black car for a meeting that we don’t know about, and the laboratory is going to be understaffed because the monster attacked and killed most of the research scientists.

"The events that took place in the year will also be part of the storyline. The pieces will be put together as the series goes on. Duffer also revealed that Steven Spielberg and Stephen King’s work influenced the show, and the next season is more like a sequel."

Influenced the show? They were the show. Fucking lol. 
Edited by fumi

I was hooked after the first episode. So many 80s movie/tv influences it's hard to keep count; Goonies, Explorers, John Hughes, Tales from the Darkside, Wargames, Firestarter, ET, Akira, Stand By Me, Poltergeist, the list grows as I proceed thru the season.
Music is top notch and fits the vibe perfectly. Excellent feathered hairdos and 80s fashion, lol

Winona's fake crying is bad though.

just finished it. awesome. all the "it's not original/they should credit king/spielberg instead of the duffers" comes off as pseudo intellectual circle jerk but whatever.

they really went all in on that under the skin black water shit towards the end. it is a cool aesthetic

i think the story line is really original, and for me, thats what makes it more than just some "80s nostalgia"

...is the correct answer

just realized they never go into what happened to the 4-5 other ppl that vanished. lol.

Still had a ball with this tho. love it.

you see them when the mum and cop find  will

Why did Mike's sister go back to the jock? That ruined her whole arc.

Otherwise, great.

Nonsense. I thought that was a nice touch, departed from the usual bullshit in movies. She fancied him more, and in the end he wasn't quite the asshole everyone assumed anyway.

Why did Mike's sister go back to the jock? That ruined her whole arc.

Otherwise, great.

Nonsense. I thought that was a nice touch, departed from the usual bullshit in movies. She fancied him more, and in the end he wasn't quite the asshole everyone assumed anyway.

I actually enjoyed that they didn't fall into that usual trope.

yeah steve really wasn't a bad guy. his friends were grade a cunts though

i really liked that steve showed up in the big showdown with the monster. it added the perfect amount of levity to the scene. that ridiculous bat twirl and sound effect was just so spot on

So it finally happened.  I had an arp going with a bit of reverb on it (industrial sounding bass and rock drums also), and the wife says "Is that a bit of Stranger Things influence I hear in there?"

Had to explain why I had a frowny-face.

Okay finished the whole thing in two nights!

It wasn't perfect but there is a wonderful synergy here between the disparate ideas and references that is rare. The production team is obviously very talented and passionate. I hope that this series' success is a harbinger of more well-produced programs dabbling in sci-fi/supernatural tropes getting green-lit.

The OST is utterly arresting at times, though I'm ambivalent about the inclusion of the Moby track during the 'Will resuscitation' scene, likely because I'm familiar with it in a different context and it prominently features the same cheesy sounding string/orch-synth sound that he was using in so many of his tracks throughout those years.

Can't sleep because of the heat, so watching this at 1am in my underpants with a cold pint of white wine. I got the rest of the week off so I don't need to care.

Very much love it, the sheriff in particular is great. Up to episode 5 so far....