IGNORED

Stranger Things

Atop

Why did Mike's sister go back to the jock? That ruined her whole arc.

Otherwise, great.

Nonsense. I thought that was a nice touch, departed from the usual bullshit in movies. She fancied him more, and in the end he wasn't quite the asshole everyone assumed anyway.

exactly. steve had a redemption and we realised he was actually pretty cool. that was the arc. 

finished watching this all, damn good series, but a little overhyped....sorry. it wasn't quite as clever as it thought it was, it gets by on the vibe really well, and they totally nailed the vintage feel, but there were a fair few weak spots which don't necessarily detract from it but stop it from being a straight up classic or whatever.

Yeah, if they want to keep it real then she will talk steve into a 3way with the other dude later on.

Can someone explain something to me? I was super high and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or it just hasn't been explained yet.

When the police chief gets captured at the lab it never explained how he escapes, and then apparently he's got some sort of relationship with the gov organization now? It just hasn't been explained, or they just glossed over how he escaped the first time after the docs injected him in the portal room?

Also, this show is great. It mixes so many good things together. It feels very much like an anime type of storyline, and an amalgamation of so many different things packaged very cleanly together. The music is obviously amazing.

It's just nostalgic enough and really hits all the sweet spots.

I did find that some of the storyline was a little bit weird. Like the impromptu flotation tank was a bit hacky. Like, I'm sure the salt/water/weight ratio was probably off.

Otherwise, great.

Nonsense. I thought that was a nice touch, departed from the usual bullshit in movies. She fancied him more, and in the end he wasn't quite the asshole everyone assumed anyway.

exactly. steve had a redemption and we realised he was actually pretty cool. that was the arc. 

finished watching this all, damn good series, but a little overhyped....sorry. it wasn't quite as clever as it thought it was, it gets by on the vibe really well, and they totally nailed the vintage feel, but there were a fair few weak spots which don't necessarily detract from it but stop it from being a straight up classic or whatever.

Yeah, if they want to keep it real then she will talk steve into a 3way with the other dude later on.

Can someone explain something to me? I was super high and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or it just hasn't been explained yet.

When the police chief gets captured at the lab it never explained how he escapes, and then apparently he's got some sort of relationship with the gov organization now? It just hasn't been explained, or they just glossed over how he escaped the first time after the docs injected him in the portal room?

Also, this show is great. It mixes so many good things together. It feels very much like an anime type of storyline, and an amalgamation of so many different things packaged very cleanly together. The music is obviously amazing.

I did find that some of the storyline was a little bit weird. Like the impromptu flotation tank was a bit hacky. Like, I'm sure the salt/water/weight ratio was probably off.

RE: Hopper:

He makes a deal with the government to allow them to leave unharmed. It's a bit ambiguous, but it was briefly seen.

Otherwise, great.

RE: Hopper:

He makes a deal with the government to allow them to leave unharmed. It's a bit ambiguous, but it was briefly seen.

re: copper

they drug him and bug his house and let him loose. presumably to try and figure out how he knew to look there in the first place and find out who else may know. the second time he is released it is for telling the gov where 11 is at the school, right? then they let him go into the portal because they just assume he will die and no one will ever find him. or at least that was my interpretation.

He didn't escape, they just brought him home after drugging him.

I think I've got one more episode to go, then its done. It would be hard for me not to enjoy something like this, my slight gripe with it is that I've found Elle a bit flat and slightly dull, I know she's suffering from trauma so is not going to be the life of the party and cracking jokes, even so I've found her character lacking. And all the bits with her in the tank and Matthew Modine and all the experiments in the the secret lab haven't gone into much detail at all. There's a lot to of this could of been much better, even so its been pretty good.

I'm so glad I watched the entire season before reading this thread...

Just watched this in a few days, absolutely loved it. Was a bit hesitant after the first two episodes but yeah, great storytelling, great soundtrack, great references, all top. I don't really see any need for a second season though, most of the excitement in the show came from very slowly being clued in on the world and it's rules? The ending was done very well too, ambigious in places but with enough closure. But seeing the pop culture hype surrounding this show already I'm sure it's going to be milked for all it's worth?

OST out on vinyl: http://store.relapse.com/item/42316

sranger-things-vinyl.jpg

Also, here's an interview with SURVIVE, the Austin, TX band that did the soundtrack: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7488050/survive-stranger-things-soundtrack-interview

The surviving members of Tangerine Dream covered the Stranger Things title theme:

https://soundcloud.com/tangerinedreamofficial2015/without-glitch

https://soundcloud.com/tangerinedreamofficial2015/ii-1

I really, really liked this. It's not plot heavy like some shows out there, but for pure indulgence, you just soak it up and eagerly watch the next episode and the next and the next..

As a mini series it packs in enough oomph to gloss over some of the nuances or qualms some might have.