IGNORED

korg wavestation * kawai k1m * yamaha tg33 fs or trade

Count Binoculars

greetings. i'm selling my black replica synths. or whatever. don't much care for money. willing to trade for something strange as well. if you're interesting i might have some other things.

yamaha tg-33

Kawai k1m

Korg Wavestation a/d

• 3 weeks later...

Very interested in that TG-33

Would trade a Midisizer MidiREX (4 track MIDI looper) toward it.  No enclosure but there's an acrylic laser cut design freely available, could be made by Ponoko easily enough and I'd be glad to cover the cost of that, too.  Solid, clean, tested build, I can send photos of the board if you want.  I've got it in a temporary aluminum sandwich kind of enclosure to keep it from getting damaged.

Probably have some other stuff you might be interested in, but I'd have to wait until I got home this weekend to figure out what I'd be down to part with.  Would consider trading my Audiothingies P6 (with a Pelican-style hard case)  but not sure yet.

fucking hell it's count binoculars

haha, hello BCM.  been a while ;)

Would trade a Midisizer MidiREX (4 track MIDI looper) toward it.  No enclosure but there's an acrylic laser cut design freely available, could be made by Ponoko easily enough and I'd be glad to cover the cost of that, too.  Solid, clean, tested build, I can send photos of the board if you want.  I've got it in a temporary aluminum sandwich kind of enclosure to keep it from getting damaged.

Probably have some other stuff you might be interested in, but I'd have to wait until I got home this weekend to figure out what I'd be down to part with.  Would consider trading my Audiothingies P6 (with a Pelican-style hard case)  but not sure yet.

the p6 sounds cold and wonderful.  i'm interested.  i'll throw in an fb-01 if it helps.

hi, I just post out of curiosity: how did you find yourself using the K1m, I mean for which type of sounds? Never heard about this synth and I'd still like to replace my Yamaha CS1x one of those days because I quite dislike to program it. I'm looking for a capable synth for pads.

fucking hell it's count binoculars

haha, hello BCM.  been a while ;)

the p6 sounds cold and wonderful.  i'm interested.  i'll throw in an fb-01 if it helps.

I'll have to give it some thought, I haven't used it in a while.  Ironically, since my last post I stumbled on a K1m of my own and it seems like it might fill the niche (and desk space) that I'd want a TG33 for.  I'll get back to you.

I think the K1m is going to be enough for me so I'll skip the TG-33 but I'd trade it for the Wavestation A/D if the screen's OK and everything's in working order. 

Antape, I've only had the K1m for less than 24 hours but so far it's pretty great for gritty, lo-fi pads (which is what I got it for).  A lot of the stuff I read online said it was hard to program but it isn't.

These are the only really good demos of it I've seen, the second one really highlights pads:

The rack version's probably a bit harder to program because it doesn't have the menu structure printed on the front panel like the other two, plus no joystick (which doubles as data entry) so you'd have to adjust all the values using the +/- buttons, which isn't as good for working by ear.

hi, I just post out of curiosity: how did you find yourself using the K1m, I mean for which type of sounds? Never heard about this synth and I'd still like to replace my Yamaha CS1x one of those days because I quite dislike to program it. I'm looking for a capable synth for pads.

i needed something cold and somewhat occult sounding back in... oh like 2007.  i ended up having to run it through the modular i had at the time but my input module was awful (even after i heavily modified it)...  too noisy.  i gave up on that and ended up using an old paia fatman for the filter, either that or a peavey spectrum... can't remember.  sorry for the shitty answer it was a long time ago.  i brought it out of storage today to see if using it will jog my memory.  i'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

ACtually I'm going to have to hold on to that p6, I just used it a bunch today and I'm really enjoying it again.  Sorry for the flakiness.

No need to apologize, I'm glad you rediscovered your synth ;)

Me too!  When I built it I was looking for something that could get into the polysynth ballpark but was portable, and it was OK for that if a bit cold, but a couple months later I traded for a Roland string synth and that worked way better for what I was after so I'd been ignoring the P6.  Now that I'm using it again I'm starting to really enjoy its potential for sounding cold and digital.

Would love to get a Wavestation A/D some day, though.  The SR is great for getting the classic Wavestation sounds but those audio inputs on the A/D are just calling to me.  Can't do it now, though.

The really grainy, digital sounding flute around 1:48 that fades into a kind of digital insect noise around 2:33 is a simple, 2 oscillator patch on the K1m.  I totally get why they aren't worth any money but they're fantastic for these kinds of obviously digital, lo-fi sounds.

Archived