IGNORED

#HELLWORLD

Cryptowen

AM#Tress+ - Like the bell type melody at the start and the patience of the track. Also when the drums and sub bass comes in (maybe a little less sub?) The other melodies that come in half way through are cool. Like they are talking to one another and the bass is merely the background that is holding them all together. I can't explain why but the last 90 seconds remind me of Radiohead.

Victim Of The Summer Sun - This track deserves a more positive name. Very chilled/lush. Vocals used are really nice and make me think about bonfires on beaches and Grand Theft Auto Vice City. An exaggeration but the type of music Burial would have made if he lived in Miami and not London. I enjoyed how the last 1/4 dissolves.

alonetime - Wicked. Like how the pads creep in and again the patience of the track despite it being short (which works well for it) Reminds me of the 80's. Maybe driving somewhere with a soft top.

Completely Dead Inside - I like the simplicity of these tracks. Sounds and notes are chosen carefully but they combine and work together nicely. Unsurprisingly after reading the title you can feel a melancholia in this track. Can see someone walking to this looking for someone. Not sure about the bass that comes in around half way, doesn't feel like it fits either note wise or timbre wise?

the swamp of knowing - Nice and interesting interlude piece.

Saint John City Library Trak - 5 am Sunrise when the pads come in... There is a lot of positivity and hope in this one. I like the drum that is snuck in and increased in volume and the background flickers.

pollution - Hazy. Fishing in the deep south. General vibe is very cool. Kind of reminds me a bit of Returnal era OPN.

Make It Happen - A nice chilled track although don't feel that it goes any where in comparison to the others.

the suppression of pain - This is more like it. Great use of vocals, this one has feeling, although one of loss. Another one that reminds me of OPN and Four Tet.

Circling The Void - Early Aphexian baseline. Something is clipping or doesn't sound right when all the sounds come together which is a shame. Again I like how the track dissolves into this other world via some UFO pads. Great album closer.

-----

Some really good tracks here, great consistency overall and the tracks all work together really well as an album. Nice one! Don't worry about checking out my tracks, this was cool to listen too. :beer::music:

I was not expecting this! Is this all new material? I know it's not helpful just to praise wildly, but this is my favorite of the releases you've put out so far. Best part for me is how it has a combination of the styles you did in the past, sitting together with some new sounds, as if there was nothing unusual about it. It kind of blows my gourd. I will listen to this for years.

It doesn't seem to be your aspiration to publish, but I feel like this would be at home on Software (RIP) or XL or whatever. Yet there's another kind of value to how your music just appears out of no where on file sharing sites, and disappears as suddenly. I lost your last album, and so it is just a memory for now...

No criticism, maybe on a few more listens.

I'm sorry, by the way, to have bombed your last thread. Working full-time does strange things to my head. Much respect and good wishes

Some really good tracks here, great consistency overall and the tracks all work together really well as an album. Nice one! Don't worry about checking out my tracks, this was cool to listen too. :beer::music:

hey thanks! will probably listen to your trax at some point tho, been meaning to get back in the swing of listening to lots of things

w/r/t the bass on the fourth track, that actually was from a completely different song of mine, added in at the end because i liked the feeling of disorientation it created. this is my first time seriously trying to explore moods that are maybe less "nice" sounding, still figuring it out. Also the weird clipping on some tracks is because i only save mp3 mixdowns so any editing later on has to be down to the whole track

(thanks for all the thoughts, much to think on + i liked the way you described the tracks)

Is this all new material?

yeah this represents the styles i've been exploring most recently! most are from the last few weeks, oldest track dates back to March.

Really appreciate your words here (no worries about the last thread :) ). this is my first attempt at consciously making a "techno" record, pretty happy with how it turned out & i have a bunch of ideas to explore now

I've been curious about exploring labels, but i feel like it's important to put out music in a way that feels totally natural & "unforced", yknow? Maybe someday! A few months ago I found out that a label had been trying to track me down to talk about pressing vinyl of my stuff, sadly by the time i found out it was way later & they didn't get back to my response

i think you can get welcome to the collapse at world3.tk/trx/160.zip . website's kind of a mess right now, wanna get more of the old material back on there but also still feeling driven to focus on new stuff

I think the disintegrating outros and transitions are one of the most effective parts of the album. I thought the bass worked well in trk 4, with the hats it gives it that techno sound. dissonance is good in small amounts, right? using the ambient styles from welcome to the collapse and Mt Shasta adds a lot of depth, makes me happy to hear it in the background.

I thought welcome to the collapse had a lot of that less pleasant atmosphere, so it's interesting to hear your take. Although I do think now you're hitting a vein of that queezy melancholy that OPN used to focus on, in a less surface-level kind of way. it's definitely not carbon copy, it's the feeling to it I think.

Can I pm you my wip album? it's kind of a mess, but any feedback would be great if you're interested

Can I pm you my wip album? it's kind of a mess, but any feedback would be great if you're interested

totes, would love to hear it

i feel like welcome to the collapse was definitely me beginning to explore uncomfortable drone textures in non-drone contexts, but because the album was recorded over a long period (in between other albums), it kinda jumps around tonally imo

checking it out now thanks!

thanks for the support!

i've got a bunch of ideas for my next release actually

i'm just getting more sad all the time & i keep making the same mistakes in my attempts to find deeper connections with other human beings, i think i'm on the verge of fulling committing to music & burning out & dying young

hey how digital/analog is this? still made in jeskola buzz? Wondering if you bounced it to tape or what cause it's pretty lush. Is AM#Tress+ a reference to the Antress plugins?

hey how digital/analog is this? still made in jeskola buzz? Wondering if you bounced it to tape or what cause it's pretty lush. Is AM#Tress+ a reference to the Antress plugins?

totally digital, buzz + audacity, made on my laptop (haven't even heard any of it on speakers!). would like to work with tape soon tho because i've got ideas!

ty for comments about lushness

AM#Tress+ was actually just one of those random non-word titles i tend to come up with in the moment. some albums have a lot but in this case opening track was the only one

Archived