Sign in to follow this  
Mesh Gear Fox

plugin sales / deals / freebies happening now

even though waves plugins are excellent in terms of what they do, be wary that you'll get locked out of updates after a year if you don't subscribe to their update plan thing. i think it's a ridiculous business model. also i find their plugins tend to use more cpu than they ought to, but maybe they are not configured right for my setup somehow.

still, i bought the kramer tape plugin and it gets a lot of use. also their gtr pedal / amp sim suite is seriously fkn good!!

And don’t be fooled by their “before price” because their stuff is always on sale. 

That's  kinda shitty. Fool me once

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

On 8/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, Squee said:

And don’t be fooled by their “before price” because their stuff is always on sale. 

yeah exactly. this is true of any manufacturer of course, but waves do have rolling sales on certain products year round. at least they're trying to make their plugins more accessible to people on a budget, though.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:40 AM, Mesh Gear Fox said:

even though waves plugins are excellent in terms of what they do, be wary that you'll get locked out of updates after a year if you don't subscribe to their update plan thing.

Definitely not a Waves apologist (the Waveshell thing really is Waves Hell) but that's not 100% right - You lose support after a year but you're able to update for the entirety of a major Waves release number... i.e. We're currently on Waves 10.0.1.3 so if you buy anything from Waves now you'll be able to update all the way to V10.9.9.9 (if they actually get that high before moving to V11.x)

ah right, that's more reasonable and i suppose in line with how a lot of software works. but it does seem unusual in the plugin world.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/voltage-modular-nucleus

In honor of our Year One Anniversary Celebration, Cherry Audio is very proud to introduce Voltage Modular Nucleus - absolutely FREE for a limited time! This collection of 22 modules and 67 presets is the ultimate introduction to modular synthesis. This package includes all of the fundamentals of subtractive analog synthesis, including oscillators, filters, envelope generators, amplifiers, and mixers, plus a sequencer, arpeggiator, and a full suite of useful utility modules and powerful effects modules.

Definitely gonna be celebrating the end of summer. Fuck this hot, sticky mess.

Convology XT is a free convolution reverb, the result of a collaboration between Impulse Record and Wave Arts. Convology XT comes with 70 vintage impulse responses, a sampling of the 2,965 impulse responses in the Convology XT library.

https://wavearts.com/products/plugins/convology-xt/

https://impulserecord.com/cvxt-download/

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, mcbpete said:

Definitely not a Waves apologist (the Waveshell thing really is Waves Hell) but that's not 100% right - You lose support after a year but you're able to update for the entirety of a major Waves release number... i.e. We're currently on Waves 10.0.1.3 so if you buy anything from Waves now you'll be able to update all the way to V10.9.9.9 (if they actually get that high before moving to V11.x)

Well, they clearly thought they could scalp more money off of us and have decided to move from v10 to V11 in only just over a year - https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes#v11

Gonna cost me $240 if I want to upgrade .... Fuck that !

sweet deal..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Beginner-DJ-Bundle-Hercules-DJ-Control-Starlight-Serato-DJ-Pro-Software-One-Free-Month-of-Music/787661065

Beginner DJ Bundle: Hercules DJ Control Starlight + Serato DJ Pro Software + One Free Month of Music

Average rating:5out of5stars, based on1review
$99.99
List WAS $219.99

Edited by iococoi

So Black Friday is almost upon us. Or well, on some sites it's already happening.

Soundtoys has 50% off on everything.
Spitfire has 25% off on each individual library and up to 75% on their collections.
Waves has... well, every day is fucking Black Friday at Waves because none of their plugins has ever been sold at full price, but they have 50% off on every plugin.
FabFilter has 25% off and you don't own their plugins you're missing out.
AudioEase doesn't give a shit about BlackFriday which I think is hilarious.
Native Instruments has 50% off.

• Like 1

DDMF has everything 40% off all weekend. After some demoing I'm thinking about getting Magic Death Eye even though I really shouldn't.

Black Friday Sale: All VCV plugins 25-33% off until Dec 4.

https://vcvrack.com

sweet thanks for pointing that out, looks like an awesome plugin

all sample packs on my website are 75% off with code BLACKFRIDAY but you can use the code HIVEVIBEZ to get 90% off

not sure if those codes double up, try it out? anyway i have lots of samples of hardware synths including a huge library of multisamples

www.mgfaudio.com

Edited by Mesh Gear Fox
  • Like 1

87% off Sonivox Film Score Companion

For $20 I'm probably going to grab this just for making sampling material.  Knock out a short orchestral cue, mix it down onto a wobbly cassette deck, and then sample it into the Octatrack and mess it up - stuff like that.

EDIT: when I checked out I also got Izotope Nektar Elements for free, I guess that's a separate site-wide deal or something.

Edited by TubularCorporation

good stuff @massive redux

SYNTH SALE! 3 for £99.99, 2 for £66.66, 1 for £33.33

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.

This unique offer runs until 25th December, 2019.

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/newsletter/3synthsale.html

Edited by iococoi