IGNORED

Bewwip - Bewwip - Occult Research

MadnessR

Enough already, come up with your own style, stop trying to make a name through actual established artists. Completely turned off by this whole Heorge / 4rd armpit / user 0000008673  / user whoever bullshit hype.

Agreed. This 'niche' of music is desperate for someone to take the Aphex/Autechre mantle and it won't come from recreating tracks or thinking about how others would do things. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough already, come up with your own style, stop trying to make a name through actual established artists. Completely turned off by this whole Heorge / 4rd armpit / user 0000008673  / user whoever bullshit hype.

Agreed. This 'niche' of music is desperate for someone to take the Aphex/Autechre mantle and it won't come from recreating tracks or thinking about how others would do things. 

At last!

I try not to come on watmm anymore blasting away my music opinions (not sure why because they have always held me in good stead for the last 30 years) but I too am sick of all this bullshit *applie brakes to opinions and fingertips*

Maybe the mods should just get rid of all this nonsense when it starts?

Well, I'm not speaking as a mod here, there's no reason to remove any of these things IMO. It's perfectly fine if you enjoy this of course (I like my copycats too*) and it's unfair to start this in just this thread, as I highly respect Occult Research and I'm targetting the "fake" soundcloud shit more than this release, but I felt the discussion was heading in that way already. Guess it's just not for me, there, that was my annual rant against this thing again. /leavesthread

*Unless they honestly try and pass it off as another secret AFX project or Autechre album leak or something

This is one of their best releases to date, and that's sayn alot cuz I really love this label!

Yeah me too, I do high fives all the time to this. Shall we do a high five together?

High 5!!

This 'niche' of music is desperate for someone to take the Aphex/Autechre mantle and it won't come from recreating tracks or thinking about how others would do things. 

^ amen.. 

Plenty of great producers doing theyre own twist on this sound it but the door is open for someone to take it to the next level.  Some of the sequencing and programmign on the album is fantastic, like parts of the afx catalogue, complex sounds with the element of simplicity (at times), makes it almost easily accessible. 

I wonder if this bewwip ep was mixed and mastered in a commerical/pro studio how well itd come up, not that there is anything wrong with the mastering as it is, just curious on its potential if it were released by a big indie like planet mu or someone like them.

Hate to agree with some of the other opinions here, this whole attempt at hype based around speculation of who the artist is a bit lame after a few years and a few too many steinvords.  I think if your making beats this good people will respect you based on the strength of the tunes.  In 2016 its pretty hard to pull of the whole mysterious artist thing, even Warp the PR masters dont really go for it anymore. Guess you could be doing worse promo tho

Really enjoying this album.  Keen to hear more from this guy, will be interesting to see how he develops moving forward, hes got this sound down but can he move it forward or where DO you go from here??  

Occult Research are piecing together a really nice catalogue. The Tanuki House album that also came out same day is worth checking out too.  If the postage internationally wasnt a royal ripoff (not on OR obviously) id be all over getting these for the collection,  for now the digis will do just fine

The synth work is a bit wank shit but the ideas are solid, not bad at all, really like the breaks and the melodies. I give it 7,7128780011124 out of 10.

A strong 7,7128780011124 then !

Feeling a bit spoiled by this.  Waited for almost 2 years for Heorge Garrison (still waiting).  This came outta nowhere and it scratches an itch that hasn't been scratched properly since Steinvord.  With the discovery of Zvld's Soundcloud, I'm really enjoying electronic music again for the first time in awhile.  I don't know if his stuff is related at all.  I think someone said one of his tracks had #Bewwip at one point, but now it is gone.  I say whatever.  Don't much care WHO this is, as long as they keep releasing music.  As far as being anonymous while alluding to AFX, maybe deceiving Aphex fans is good for business.  I've seen endless fakes.  Kiosks and badgers and loads of other bullshit.  Never cared once.  When I heard Nag Champa Beats I knew it wasn't Richard, but I didn't care.  Still don't.  That track is almost beyond comprehension and just incredible.  If this isn't Steinvord, it's the NEW Steinvord.  Every track sounds amazing and is blowing up my speakers right now.  

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/80236-cant-get-over-how-amazing-steinvord-is/

And that's how I feel about all of this.  Just Amazing.

Now I'm gonna go post in the Zvld thread. haha

Not sure I get the hype. The sounds are very poorly mixed and mastered, so that may be part of it. Untitled track is the best to me... It sounds very familiar, can anyone think of where this might have been posted before, or a similar sounding track? I think there are some big missed opportunities with this ep in general, a bit too sparse and the melodies don't really hit. 4RD is best bet, it does sound like his recent Life Is Our Credits Music

• 4 weeks later...

Archived