IGNORED

EPL 2016-2017

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spurs signings pretty weak honestly. i mean we had a great team but still... not convinced by janssen. 

anything in the works? you'll need more than two signings surely?

Chelsea and City favourites for me. should be an interesting fight for 4th again, though maybe Spurs and Leicester won't be as good this year or something. Arsenal presumably finish top 4 as usual. Chelsea and Liverpool with no european distractions should lead to decent league campaigns, though I'd expected Chelsea to be a bit busier in the transfer market - Batshuayi looks like a good signing though. Liverpool have done well in the market, just need to offload a few who are surplus to requirements and hopefully sign some left back cover. Promoted teams don't look that good, and they're coming into a league where everyone else has strengthened a lot over the last year.

as long as it hasnt been decided by crimbo, really dont care

big changes at Utd, Citeh & Chelski should benefit the likes of L'pool, Gooners & Spurs, just from continuity of managerial staff etc

top4? fuck knows, theres so much in transition and expect L'pool and Spurs to galvanize their form/squads a bit too & if Leics finish top6 that'd be something

firm ultra-violence lols nearly always come w/the cup draws these days, cos watching Cardiff last season was like sandpapering yer genitals, so hoping we get Millwall/Barnsley 5O/any yokel west country cuntery.....thats what the championship/olde div two fixtures do to you

again?

There was a brief period where it felt like the hate wasn't universal. I mean I expect nothing less from scousers but I want that shit to be ever present.

Also I don't know if I should get a Zlatan or a Pogba shirt. Fuck me life is tough.

again?

There was a brief period where it felt like the hate wasn't universal. I mean I expect nothing less from scousers but I want that shit to be ever present.

Also I don't know if I should get a Zlatan or a Pogba shirt. Fuck me life is tough.

With someone as big a goober as Mourinho managing the club, yes, yes we do hate man united!

yeah, everyone already hated United. last few seasons a sense of pity might have crept into the minds of some, displacing some of that hate, but not much. now with grade A wankers like Mourinho and Ibrahimovic at the club, there's no chance that any failure will be met with pity, glee far more likely.

20 years of Ferguson inspired trophies only created envy, only the usuals hated Utd b4 him, Scousers, Man City when they were proper shit, Leeds 1 or 2 round the capital

Add a few titles and the tide seriously turned

Cant quite believe Arsene is still @ Arsenal, thought they might've gone in for someone like Koeman or at least begin the beginnings of a new era but top4 stability seems to be their mantra.

How many managers will still be wherever come easter will be Steve Davis interestin

cunting thing wouldnt allow n edit, soooooo

Players who i'd pay £$£ to watch would be Rambo for patriotic reasons and then mainly & ironically given their rivalries Christian Eriksen. The latter is someone (and no disrespect to Spurs here) that might be suited to a title winning 1st team 11. Technically superb, like a lighter, slightly less Jack Russelly Paul Scholes (and granted he certainly doesnt tackle like the ginger version).

Could Spurs kick on with so many others rebuilding? Def worth a £20 outside punt

Funny, really not sure where Ramsey will likely play now we have Xhaka to deploy. We have a midfield brimming with quality and a few different selections to choose from given different circumstances during a game. Arsene has hinted a deeper role for him, alongside Xhaka but we know Aaron likes bombing forward on occasion.

I can honestly say as an Arsenal fan that a lot of others have accepted, frustratingly, again that a top 4 finish is likely/unlikely depending who you speak to, with our dire transfer actions. Fucking atrocious.

I'll take that. Solid performance all around. Lovely goal from Zlatan off a decent cross by Rooney.

Lol at people who thought Zlatan wouldn't be able to take the physicality of the prem.

Looking forward to watching Boro on Sunday.

Improved performance from the weekend by United, though if Long had taken one of his many chances it might have been a more interesting game.

They still have a bit more to do to shake off the cobwebs of the Van Gaal reign, but Pogba put in an energetic performance with a few flashes of what he's capable of (reminded me of a young Gerrard at times), and Ibrahimovic looked pretty sharp when the ball came to him (aside from that overhead attempt), good movement for the goal too. Never thought physicality would be a problem with him, just that he might struggle with set defences where he has to create chances out of nothing, and his lack of pace now. He's still got the instincts to finish chances off if they're created for him, and he's happy to drop quite deep and link play to compensate for the lack of pace, but for that to be a successful strategy you'd want a more mobile strike partner than Rooney, maybe Mkhitaryan running from deep will provide an extra edge (though yet to show anything, presume he'll start the next game for them now). Bailly wasn't as impressive as in the previous two games, Long got the better of him on more than a few occasions.

Southampton looked ok in their buildup play, and Redmond and Long were dangerous, think there a few signings away from repeating their success from last season though, could do with another striker and wideman in particular.

Agree with pretty much all of that, I thought Bailly was very good in the first half, not quite a sharp in the second half. Hard to believe he's only 23, he plays with some serious swagger for a 23 year old.

It's a good feeling to be playing with some flair again, but at the same time, United fans shouldn't be too over-exuberant, it's only Bournemouth and Southampton (Leicester as well in the community shield, but that's not quite the same).

2b5d7zrglegx.jpg

One of the most one sided games I can remember there, 81% possession, 26 shots. We were incredibly tame though, only 5 shots on target, and only two of them managed to produce a worthwhile save (one of which from Grujic off the bench - he looks like a good player, he might even be bigger than Matic, he's massive).

Sturridge was terrible, his first game in a few weeks so hopefully he was just a bit rusty.

Burnley only managed 3 shots, two on target for the goals, and one corner in the entire match, still thoroughly deserved the win though. Funny bit at the end, when the Burnley fans started chanting at Carragher - who was commentating for sky: 'Jamie, Jamie, what's the score?' and 'You're just a shit Gary Neville'. lol.

Thankfully Mané is only out for a single game, we missed his pace big time.

The circumstances resulting in Utd's 2nd were some of the most retarded shit I've seen on a pitch in some time. I still can't decide who's the biggest tosser was, the the defender who having been beaten decided to just shove over an opponent in his own the box (fully missing), Luke Shaw for the douche-chilling blatant dive, or the ref for giving the penalty.

Dunno if they can do this under retrospective action but I'd give both players yellows and tell the ref to stay home next weekend.

One of the most one sided games I can remember there, 81% possession, 26 shots. We were incredibly tame though, only 5 shots on target, and only two of them managed to produce a worthwhile save (one of which from Grujic off the bench - he looks like a good player, he might even be bigger than Matic, he's massive).

Sturridge was terrible, his first game in a few weeks so hopefully he was just a bit rusty.

Burnley only managed 3 shots, two on target for the goals, and one corner in the entire match, still thoroughly deserved the win though. Funny bit at the end, when the Burnley fans started chanting at Carragher - who was commentating for sky: 'Jamie, Jamie, what's the score?' and 'You're just a shit Gary Neville'. lol.

Thankfully Mané is only out for a single game, we missed his pace big time.

seemed like a good game for a big forward to head in some of those crosses..... like a benteke for example!!

Archived