IGNORED

EPL 2016-2017

How long can u play Blind at the back? With the best will in the world, it aint gonna happen. Mkhitaryan needs to buck his ideas up, but its early days.

Wrong fred, but Celtic annihilating Rangers again yeah fuck off Ibrox

I'm not worried about Blind at the back - his positioning makes up for any lack of pace. THe mistake for the goal was simply that - a mistake. Any CB has a few in their lowlight reel.

Having said that - I'd prefer a Bailly-Smalling partnership with Blind sitting as a CDM in front of them.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just think he's got such a sweet left peg & Ajax exiles blend position/technique better than most

did you ever watch Matthias Sammer or Franco Baresi? maybe Mozza could mold/meld something similar

morphine infused memories of the last world cup bias here, where Blind always seemed to have time on the ball just in front of his center halves, rarely botched a pass & to be fair with his old man's influence too he's some1 (as a neutral) who you wouldnt wanna see leave the p.l.

read a v good article ages ago but google's being a cunt about Barca's thinking where 1 center half in a back-4 plays an uber sweeper role rather than a 'water-carrier', given the % of teams that play a lone front man, ie: where there's space on the pitch to develop your own plan, think i even tried this on an olde version of 'International Superstar Soccer', you know, proper tactical management

EPL fred, but Bluebirds got done badly in a 3 - 0 against fkn Preston, nearly went just to perv on Colin Potter's studio

think Cardiff rewrote the script on how not to run a P.L. season following promotion after more than a few close play-off calls, to add relevance to the power houses usually mentioned here

Liverpool were outstanding going forward again, looking very promising so far this season in that regard. We've looked pretty solid at the back in the last two games as well, Lucas despite his cockup actually played really well all game, we dealt with Leicester's direct approach really well - they had us under a reasonable amount of pressure, but we dealt with it comfortably bar Lucas' bad touch. Mané was outstanding again, signing of the season so far for any team. Henderson also had his first good performance in a while, was very good.

Big game on Friday, should be good.

Christ Liverpool battered the shit out of Leicester.
Caze: for a definition of outplayed see Citeh's first 40 minutes against us. They dominated.

No, United were outplayed for about 15 mins against Hull. United were utterly dominated by City for 40 mins, outplayed doesn't cover it. 

That game really highlighted how much of a limited coach Mourinho is. Anyone could've told him playing Mickey Tarian as a right winger wasn't going to work, he was atrocious. United came back into the game thanks to a seriously uninspired approach, whack it up to the big men. It nearly worked though, Bravo certainly had a game of two halves (Hart didn't do much better on his debut either funnily enough), was probably just debut nerves, don't think I ever saw him make so many mistakes in such a short period at Barca.

City look like they have the making of a very good team, still a lot to improve on, but already you can see that Sterling is back on track under Guardiola, De Bruyne has been outstanding, Stones has looked a lot more composed than he did at Everton, Ihenacho has always done well when asked to come into the team. They probably need another centre mid to really compete with the best teams, but they're not far off.

Outplayed you nitwit - if we were to have been thoroughly dominated the score would have been much greater. I mean it's telling that people were saying that was the best 40 minutes they'd seen CIty play for a long time, and the score was only that. De Bruyne and Silva were outstanding in that first 40 minutes. They found all the right spaces.

To be fair to Mourinho, I don't think he could have seen Lingard and Mkhitaryan having quite such atrocious games. I would like to see Mkhi in the number 10 role, but that means moving Rooney to CAM or out wide. I think he could be good in CAM, but he and POgba need to communicate really well.

We went to a more 4-3-3 in the second half, (more like 4-1-2-3), and Rashford was great, as was Martial - they both caused a lot more problems for Citeh. Still, the loss showed some of our weaknesses, and was a learning experience.

jesus, just watched the replay of the 1st. was even worse than I remembered. 5 chelsea players together on one side of the box, marking nobody, then about 2 chelsea players on the other side marking 5 liverpool players, we had so many players that half of them decided to run out of the box back towards half way before he'd even scored the goal, lol.

was a strange game from Chelsea, they decided to sit back and defend deep at the start, we looked good in possession, but didn't create that much, then they cockup from a set piece and they push up and play a lot better, then they're a bit unlucky with a poor clearance landing at Henderson's feet for the 2nd. they actually defended from open play pretty well for the most part, Luiz did quite well. second half they started well, but after the goal they didn't push on, and it wasn't like we forced them back into their own half or anything they just seemed to run out of steam far too early, they should have made their subs a lot earlier. in the end we were very comfortable for the rest of the half, and had the best chance from Origi's header. deserved win. looking good for us now, and the three most difficult london away trips out of the way with 7 points is very nice indeed.

Yeah their subs had a good impact on the match - well, except Pedro lol - definitely should have been on earlier. Probably 10 minutes after the Chelsea goal, when they seemed to run out of steam again. Fabregas especially, his passing was amazing - I understand he's a lazy fuck at defending, but still, his ability to pick out that pass was sorely lacking for Chelsea.

I dunno if they did have much impact, Chelsea didn't have a shot (even off target?) in the time they were on. we were very comfortable for the last half hour. that might have been different if they'd been on earlier of course, also surprised Batshuayi didn't come on.

They definitely did - Moses looked much more dangerous out on the right and Cesc's passing was good. They were only on for the last 7 minutes of the match, and there was good penetration into the liverpool box during that time, which led to some stalwart, but panicked at times defending.

Anyhow, game of two halves - and Chelsea didn't show up for the first 45.

United sparked into life on a couple of occasions, but overall Watford deserved that. Another poor performance from Pogba overall, he did have a couple of moments where he did something good (like that shot off the bar, or the sliding recovery tackle), but he made up for it with lots of bad passing and poor tackling. United have looked very much like the team of the last few seasons so far, lots of possession, slow passing, not pressing, looking to absorb pressure and retain the ball and work for chances the hard way. It was a comfortable few wins at the start, but now that they're being tested more their lack of attacking threat is starting to show.

+1

I like the tack the battle at the top has taken, had my concerns this was going to be another snoozefest 4 of the Mancs, Chelsea & Arsenal but pleasantly surprised to see Everton and Liverpool (and Spurs of course) in the mix.  Should be some cracking matches ahead.

City look tough to beat, so many weapons, and that's before they get back Aguero & Kompany momentarily.  They're a lot of fun to watch, De Bruyne especially.  And they're paying Yaya Toure oodles of money to sit at home.

In typical Spurs fashion we dominated and yet were lucky to come away with the 3 points.  Hopefully the injuries to Dier and Kane arent too severe.  Son's been stepping up nicely & will be interesting to see how they respond...

didn't see any of the games over the weekend, just caught the highlights this morning. looks like in our game we pressed the living shit out of hull, add to that some top notch movement and finishing and we're a frightening prospect. hope lallana can keep his current form up, he's always been a hard worker, but never scored enough goals until now. there's a real competition for places now as well, in the midweek games we've had so far the other lads have looked up for it. still a few question marks over the defence, but we have definitely made progress there as well compared to last season. 24 goals in our first 8 competitive games of the season, our best return in 121 years. bookies have us as 2nd favourites now, which seems a bit premature, I'd be delighted with a top four finish and cup.

son's two goals were lovely, they're doing alright but are having to work a bit too hard to score at the moment, kane might be out for a long spell as well. their game next weekend is nicely set up, first real test for City.

Arsenal have recovered well from their shocking opener, good to see Chelsea's problems from last season haven't been so easy to put right as well - seems like the dressing room problems weren't solely the result of Mourinho and the nonsense with the doctor.

Archived