IGNORED

EPL 2016-2017

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He played on the left as a winger at Leeds, on the right for his first stint at Newcastle, moved to the middle for Villa and his second stint at Newcastle, continued all across the midfield at City but also started playing more full back there.

He's still not as good as Moreno, but him playing there despite Klopps public support of Moreno says it all. Really can't understand Klopp's reticence here-I know he likes to develop players, but I don't know if you can afford the time to develop Moreno, given that you want to be challenging for top 4 this season.

I think he just wanted to play Milner there so as not to bench him, wanted to find somewhere for him - and he had played well there against Barca. He was due to start the Arsenal game but was injured, so it's not liked he benched Moreno after the Arsenal game, Milner just came back in after the injury.

He's probably better defensively than Moreno, better delivery from wide as well, so it's not a completely irrational decision, offers a lot of experience as well.

I don't see the problem here, we're not going to end the season blaming a full back for not finishing top four; if that were to happen we'd have bigger problems to deal with than full back.

Bob Dob, you reckon it was a dive, even though there was a clear foul?

Ha my bad. I watched the nbcsn replays of it, which showed every angle except this one -

https://twitter.com/Darmianology/status/766745900211380225

Basically a visceral reaction to what looked like a penalty for attempt to commit foul.

"Attempted murder," now honestly, did they ever give anyone a Nobel prize for "attempted chemistry?"

I admit to lifting that line directly from the early Simpsons classic where Sideshow Bob ( :emotawesomepm9: ) gets paroled and runs for mayor of Springfield on the republican ticket... I highly recommend watching it if you haven't in a while (it's on my list)

But yeah I look forward to watching Spurs shred their defense this weekend (tho whether anyone can actually finish a chance remains to be seen)

Yeah you guys need your front two to have a few matches together, but I think Janssen and Kane can be a very good partnership.

Amazing the difference Alli made coming into the match on the weekend. And while its early days, Lamela has been better already this season than last.

Has your defense been tested yet? Mane will surely give Rose something to think about.

Ooh I didn't think of that matchup, it'll be a cracker alright. Mane is definitely worth the price of admission. Will be interesting to see how much Rose and Walker try to get forward on the flanks and if they get caught on the counter.

I hope you lot both play at your best, both your sides play some great attacking football. I think Liverpool can be got at more easily, but hoping for a good match.

Spurs were very lucky today, Vorm was their best player, a lesser keeper and we'd have had 3-4 in the first half. We should've had another penalty and had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside as well (I thought the linesman had got it right during the game, but replays after showed he hadn't). Mané was excellent again, Firmino really good as well. Impressive league debut from Matip, was very composed and dominant in the air, inches away from a goal too, himself and Lovren were very comfortable throughout. This Jansen fella doesn't look up to much so far, Kane starting the season slowly again as well - they could definitely do with another attacking player.

Hull currently outplaying United, everyone seemed to be doubting their chances to win any points this season, have started very well considering the ownership/investment issues.

Mkhitaryan and Rashford made a difference when they came on, shame for Hull thought they defended very well throughout the 2nd half when they were under a lot of pressure, Livermore and Davies were good. Pogba had a poor game.

Hull never outplayed us. They defended very very well under Phelan's organization. He deserves the job full time.

We found a way, but with 10 shots on target we should have scored more. Still, at least we scored against a team that set up to defend. Davies deserved motm.

Spurs-Liverpool was very good for the neutrals! Should have been two penalties for the scouse and one for Spurs. The Mane-Rose battle was excellent. Shame about walker going out so early, he would have helped drive Spurs forward.

Hull never outplayed us. 

They did for the first 20 mins or so, when I made that comment. Didn't create much though, but worked the ball forward well at times, United hadn't offered much at that point, the game was more even in terms of possession after that, and United created the better chances. In the second half it was all United, though they didn't look particularly threatening until Mkhitaryan and Rashford came on.

It's like you read English differently to the rest of the world. I didn't say Hull were amazing, just that they played better than United in the opening 20 mins, despite that they didn't create much, so they weren't even that good. The rest of the game United were easily the better team, though Hull did defend really well for the most part.

It's like you read English differently to the rest of the world. I didn't say Hull were amazing, just that they played better than United in the opening 20 mins, despite that they didn't create much, so they weren't even that good. The rest of the game United were easily the better team, though Hull did defend really well for the most part.

I understood exactly what you said. I'm saying it's wrong. Hull didn't outplay us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived