IGNORED

Anyone else loathe "hypester" culture?

TiredOldPotato

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok one thing i really hate is when people feel the urge to needlessly relate to every picture or video they see with the reaction "this is so me!" or "literally me!"

it's like ffs stop shaping everything to fit your own dumb narrative

Same.

I also can't stand people that take pictures of EVERYTHING. Travelled with a girl once that walked around with a go-pro on a selfie stick (we called it a narcissus-stick), set to take a picture of herself every 20 damn seconds.

Why do people enjoy documenting their life so much more these days, compared to actually enjoying it/living and enjoying the moment? =/

ok one thing i really hate is when people feel the urge to needlessly relate to every picture or video they see with the reaction "this is so me!" or "literally me!"

When I literally do a Google Image search for "badger penis", a literal picture of me literally shows up about 14 rows down, and I'm like "This is so me!  It's literally me!"

Literally.

At the Braindance forum we made "badger penis" result in showing Skrillex's face, but now that the site is down, it's just my pic and a bunch of actual badger penises (which I think is Chinese medicine or something).  Also, penis surgery pics show up.  What the fuck that has to do with badgers, I dunno.

Same.

I also can't stand people that take pictures of EVERYTHING. Travelled with a girl once that walked around with a go-pro on a selfie stick (we called it a narcissus-stick), set to take a picture of herself every 20 damn seconds.

Why do people enjoy documenting their life so much more these days, compared to actually enjoying it/living and enjoying the moment? =/

Yeh Im a lot of ways I agree with you, but saying "compared to actually enjoying it/living and enjoying the moment" is just based on  your own perception of what being in the moment is.

What I mean to say is that, we all experience life in our own way and even if she was behaving in a way you deemed fit in her mind she might not be in the moment, neither would others- we are all running through our memories and thinking of random shit all the time in our minds anyway so maybe taking a photo for her is her way of being in that moment.

you guys have to admit that talking like this and posting a million emojis all reiterating the same tired "irony" is pretty weak though right? dilutes anything resembling a coherent thought or opinion into a soup of repetitive unfunny memes.

fucked up if true lmao

baph, on 18 Aug 2016 - 4:39 PM, said:snapback.png

keanu reeves, on 16 Aug 2016 - 6:00 PM, said:snapback.png

you guys have to admit that talking like this and posting a million emojis all reiterating the same tired "irony" is pretty weak though right? dilutes anything resembling a coherent thought or opinion into a soup of repetitive unfunny memes.

fucked up if true lmao

fuck this is literally me!!

Untitlsed_1.png

I don't know much about that second example of internet speech, but i think it's two totally different demographics. The guy who shits on Radiohead on a messageboard in 2002 is kinda bright mind who already did a lot to develop himself. All this emoji talking mass is the result of social networks open for every single soul in a phone. I can't have particular feelings towards such an amorphous entity, though i really don't like the propagation of the "next level" description. My only interaction thus far was the need to turn off the emoji keyboard layout manually.

MFW I'm with Wesley Snipes and Venetian Snares shows up

mu_snipes_snares.jpg

why have you turned snares into a pedofile?

nsfw

horsegoat3.jpg

Snares didn't paint that and both the boy and girl are under

It's a running joke I have where you Go to YouTube and count the ratio of comments that are self referential vs those that aren't, try it as a drinking game sometime

When I literally do a Google Image search for "badger penis", a literal picture of me literally shows up about 14 rows down, and I'm like "This is so me! It's literally me!"

Literally.

At the Braindance forum we made "badger penis" result in showing Skrillex's face, but now that the site is down, it's just my pic and a bunch of actual badger penises (which I think is Chinese medicine or something). Also, penis surgery pics show up. What the fuck that has to do with badgers, I dunno.

It's google image, all penis results feature surgery and dismemberment

I don't know much about that second example of internet speech, but i think it's two totally different demographics. The guy who shits on Radiohead on a messageboard in 2002 is kinda bright mind who already did a lot to develop himself. All this emoji talking mass is the result of social networks open for every single soul in a phone. I can't have particular feelings towards such an amorphous entity, though i really don't like the propagation of the "next level" description. My only interaction thus far was the need to turn off the emoji keyboard layout manually.

Hey I only care because every fucking band, DJ or producer from 20 years ago that has some sort of moderate comeback is hyped beyond belief and is the subject of (albeit brief) mass worshippage from said hypesters

how does shitting on a Radiohead album/being "cynical" denote intelligence or more nuanced discourse on its own? there's nothing more tiring than someone who relentlessly shits on everything and thinks they're adding value for doing it. netspeak, whether it's the lolcat talk of 10 years ago or the hype af stuff of today, is just a bit of fun when employed judiciously. in conclusion, don't be a nozzle.

how does shitting on a Radiohead album/being "cynical" denote intelligence or more nuanced discourse on its own? there's nothing more tiring than someone who relentlessly shits on everything and thinks they're adding value for doing it. netspeak, whether it's the lolcat talk of 10 years ago or the hype af stuff of today, is just a bit of fun when employed judiciously. in conclusion, don't be a nozzle.

Well, to be fair, radiohead does deserve to be shit on at every available opportunity.

Why even bother to loath someone, don't spread the negativity around your arse. I haven't cared for hispters back then, I dont care about them now, I wont care in the future. People can think whatever they like, its a free world. You post on idm forums won't solve anything, there always will be fresh modern cool hip trends, like punk, emo, hipsters, straight edge, goth, vanilla, metalheads, bitnicks, hippy, ravers, new wave vapor ass chilling mofackas. Dude, forget it.

Why even bother to loath someone, don't spread the negativity around your arse. I haven't cared for hispters back then, I dont care about them now, I wont care in the future. People can think whatever they like, its a free world. You post on idm forums won't solve anything, there always will be fresh modern cool hip trends, like punk, emo, hipsters, straight edge, goth, vanilla, metalheads, bitnicks, hippy, ravers, new wave vapor ass chilling mofackas. Dude, forget it.

You're right, it stings somethng awful.

These labels just (shallowly) describe one aspect of an individuals personality, the idea of a hipster can be is annoying, but don't loathe a person just cause there's an air of hipster around them. Isn't that just common sense?! Don't get urself caught up in labels!

You're right, it stings somethng awful.

These labels just (shallowly) describe one aspect of an individuals personality, the idea of a hipster can be is annoying, but don't loathe a person just cause there's an air of hipster around them. Isn't that just common sense?! Don't get urself caught up in labels!

I don't know, one time I saw a guy find a brown bottle and it said "POISON" but he didn't believe in labels so he drank it and began sprouting a third arm before violently convulsing and professing his love for Phil Collins

0|c1 5©|-|001

|-|4©|<3®5

|_||\|1†3~!

5 \/\/ 3 3 †

O   o   º    .    .              .                                                                   .                                                                                                                                 .

Archived