IGNORED

New AFX music in upcoming Flying Lotus film?

atypic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOMENTARY EXCITEMENT. He's on record as saying he stretches himself 6 different ways when it comes to music, and we've really only seen 2 (analog and CCAI). I wonder if this will be one of the other 4.

Interesting if true!

Then again, "new" music could be a track from the Cheetah EP...

That's what I am figuring. It would be cool if it was a new official release of another soundcloud track.

it premiered this weekend?

I'm sure someone could tell us if it's new new or just new.

"Royal" premiered this week-end, it's a short movie being part of a larger project called Kuso, and apparently the Aphex music would be the full-lenght movie (if I got it right).

Really expecting some new music to match the mood of the movie. Sounds like a really psyche kind of thing !

who's akira yamaoka? is that the silent hill composer or was that akira something else

Yep that's him. SH2 will always be one of my all-time favourite game soundtracks.

Wonder how he feels contributing to a movie whose name means shit in Japanese...

Do you ever feel like you're going in circles with new aphex music now?

The hype train goes by, then the music goes by, then another hype train, then a music train, so on for a long time. And each time the hype train comes, it's like your brain did a total reset since the last train or something, and it's the same level of hype every time.

edit: woops replied to the wrong topic

Guest bitroast

yeah i dunno. i enjoyed cheetah (while agreeing the hype was out of control). 

flying lotus new aphex music doesn't interest me so much. but i'll check out flying lotus' film stuff anyhow, cos im curious what he's doing. 

I always like FlyLo's film and short films. I've even watched the Captain Murphy 30 minute EP album video thing several times. There's something mesmerizing about the music and the videos. And those Captain Murphy cartoon shorts. He's definitely one of my favorite hip hop instrumentalists.

yeah i dunno. i enjoyed cheetah (while agreeing the hype was out of control). 

flying lotus new aphex music doesn't interest me so much. but i'll check out flying lotus' film stuff anyhow, cos im curious what he's doing. 

Lol I replied to the wrong topic, I had another tab open, saw something about hype, then posted it in this tab. woops.

I don't think the hype is out of control, just.. I'm just tired of hyping and counting down.  :wacko:. Wouldn't it be great if they pulled a Radiohead and announced something a week before hand (and released it a few days early anyway). Or just straight up had a surprise release. I imagine Aphex would do that since he's on record for saying he wants to release things every 3 weeks, but the other people distributing the album are the ones announcing it one to two months beforehand. IDK how much of an effect that actually has on how much cash they get. Seems like it would be about the same, at least for the EPs since it seems they are smaller releases.

I think the phase of Aphex being some Cornish hermit IDMonk are behind him. One watmmer reckoned he would disappear again after Cheetah or perhaps the following release. I'm not sure. I think he may do the exact opposite and just continuously work and release music. Of which I'll be over the full moon with quite frankly. 

I think the phase of Aphex being some Cornish hermit IDMonk are behind him. One watmmer reckoned he would disappear again after Cheetah or perhaps the following release. I'm not sure. I think he may do the exact opposite and just continuously work and release music. Of which I'll be over the full moon with quite frankly. 

I don't think so. Just going off.. context clues or whatever. He's said he has 2 LPs in him, and a few EPs about 2 years ago, so who knows since the releases are a good ways apart he might end up rolling out 3 LPs before disappearing again.

He also said he likes microtonal music more than 12 tet. Syro was pretty much jsut 12 tet, which tells me he has a lot of microtonal tracks (maybe in the same line of drukqs) up his sleeve we haven't heard yet.

HYPE!

Archived