IGNORED

Bon Iver - 22, A Million

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This album just blows me away. Ive listen to it at least once every day since 3 weeks now and it still amaze me. so many details, intricate progressions and some serious work have gone into this album. its very rare that there's not a single thing I dont like in a album, but to me this album is perfect. wowoowo

I have only heard the first track on the OP and i'm really afraid that if i hear the rest of the album i will have no choice but to buy an OP-1

edit: reminds me a lot of appart (when he did stuff like this)

I have only heard the first track on the OP and i'm really afraid that if i hear the rest of the album i will have no choice but to buy an OP-1

This got put up earlier

https://youtu.be/OSQndSCgmIw

fuck me, don't do this I don't have the bloody money but I'm so in love with that thing!

Liked how short and sweet this album was, like a nice set of vignettes instead of some post-7 year development shot at being magnum opus. I need to listen to it on some headphone or a proper stereo, even though my work allows me decent desktop speakers I know I'm missing some of the subtle stuff.

I think the guy got overhyped with his op-1. from the few tracks I have heard I think this album could have been much, much more if he let more ideas flow..

He's apparently obsessed with it from what I found in recent interviews.

This got put up earlier

You mean Apparat? I loved that guy's Shitkatapult albums, I need to check out his recent stuff.

I had no idea this album was made with a OP-1. Makes me really interested in that instrument. It really makes this album even more endearing knowing it was approached with such an organic and stripped down method of music making. 

Fantano isn't keen.

Dude's got some valid points, but for the most part it just seems like he's out to get JV.

He slammed the abrasive mix, claimed it gave him a "headache" (while Death Grips mixing is totally fine guyz)

he makes plenty good points, but I really don't care about the vignette based structure as much as he does. And I didn't really notice bad mixing. Guess after listening to noise and harshshit27 for a while anything with pretty sounds sounds good enough

I'm beginning to quite like Antony (he's not afraid to stick his head above the parapet), dunno maybe I'm getting soft and pathetic in my old age. Maybe the burning beast which possess my mind has gone for a snooze somewhere in the forest!!? Hopefully it's the latter.

I got to be honest I skimmed through those youtube videos yesterday and thought they were mostly cack. The two tunes I'd heard on the radio 22 Over Soon and 666 (love the mellow echoing guitar riff on this) were cool, the rest seemed pretty awful. I thought I was gonna be surprised but this isn't really my kind of music, just way too nice and middle-of-the-road for me. I shall file Bon Iver back under the same file he was in before. See ya!

Fair enough, but personally, I think 'skimming' an album on YouTube once isn't the best way to form a solid judgement.

But that's just me.

I couldn't agree more, but sometimes the evidence is clear and best to quit while your ahead.

still can't get over the sad fact that Anthony Fantano sissied out on elseq tbqh

same here, like I said I think he does a pretty good job and quite admire how he laughs and mocks those who disagree with him

I replayed the Exai review the otherday and thought he did a fantastic job on that, I'd really like to hear an Elseq review. Maybe he doesn't have enough hours in the day lol

yeh it's odd tho, he made this little thing where the elseq album actively mocked him multiple times and he said he'll get to it eventually..? Just doesn't seem as if he doesn't care about it. Still kind of hoping he'll review it, maybe he just can't make up his mind or something..

Archived