IGNORED

Bon Iver - 22, A Million

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty good but it's also 70% boring? I'll give it another couple of listens, I have a feeling this will click eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

am i the only one that feels this album doesn't properly kick in til track 4?

i mean, the second track is ok, don't really care for #1 or #3... but after that it's a constant stream of bangers.

I feel quite the opposite, I like the first half of the album a lot more than tracks 6-10

maybe I was a bit harsh on this, some tracks I've heard on the radio are growing on me, like this one...

when I hear this it just makes me want to listen to boc, I get that with a lot of music though..

i mean, the second track is ok, don't really care for #1 or #3... but after that it's a constant stream of bangers.

indeed! I often start the album at track 4. 

indeed! I often start the album at track 4. 

Glad I'm not the only one. They're not terrible tracks, I just think the rest are a lot better.

i like the album but just like blackstar, overrated like hellfuck!

also what's up with the soundquality, as soon as i turn the volume up it hurts my ears

Funnily enough, Fantano said the same thing (re: sound quality/mixing) in his review but I don't have a problem with it. Of course the production on certain tracks can be quite abrasive but as a whole, the album itself is mixed well imo

i like the album but just like blackstar, overrated like hellfuck!

also what's up with the soundquality, as soon as i turn the volume up it hurts my ears

Funnily enough, Fantano said the same thing (re: sound quality/mixing) in his review but I don't have a problem with it. Of course the production on certain tracks can be quite abrasive but as a whole, the album itself is mixed well imo

"this wasn't mixed quite as well as say...death grips" - anthony fantano

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My roommate has had this on for about 2 weeks straight. At first, I didn't really like it. 

Now I quite like it. Very psychedelic and gets stuck in my head a lot. Had autotune not been so overused, I think this album would be received better. It really grew on me, which is unexpected to say the least. 

such is life, yo. 

• 8 months later...

Archived