IGNORED

Bogdan Raczynski - Muzyka Dla Imigrantów

Parsifal

Having listened on my pirated copy for so many years (I was a pre-release bonus or limited release or something that I missed, can't remember actually) I will now have to buy this, and you should too! Why? Because it's brilliant that's why. Totally magical music for driving on a country road or riding a train at night.

https://bogdanraczynski.bandcamp.com/album/muzyka-dla-imigrant-w

Oh and there was a bunch of more re-releases from him as well: https://bogdanraczynski.bandcamp.com/

• 5 years later...

I have most of Bogdan Raczynski's releases on RePHLeX, but even with repeated exposure, I've never been able to get into a frame of mind where I would appreciate, let alone enjoy, his music - which I find mostly so irritating I've probably listened to the first five albums completely only once (I always give all new records at least one listen-through). So why do I have them? Because I bought all things RePHLeX without question until I noticed that wasn't a smart strategy, and stopped. But I'd love to hear from people who like his output - why and wherefore you like it?

1 hour ago, dcom said:

I have most of Bogdan Raczynski's releases on RePHLeX, but even with repeated exposure, I've never been able to get into a frame of mind where I would appreciate, let alone enjoy, his music - which I find mostly so irritating I've probably listened to the first five albums completely only once (I always give all new records at least one listen-through). So why do I have them? Because I bought all things RePHLeX without question until I noticed that wasn't a smart strategy, and stopped. But I'd love to hear from people who like his output - why and wherefore you like it?

How can you dump on Samurai Math Beats? It’s an IDM classic.

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

How can you dump on Samurai Math Beats? It’s an IDM classic.

I'm not dumping on anything, I simply stated that I'm unable to appreciate or enjoy his music, that doesn't take anything away from you - but can you elaborate on why you enjoy his music and what makes Samurai Math Beats an IDM classic?

12 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

According to bandcamp this EP and the Myloveilove album were both released on Jan 1, 2001.

Most of these tracks are on both releases. What's the deal w that, was it a label thing?

I remember the album coming out at the time but not the EP, I didn't discover it 'til years later on discogs. Can only assume it was like a promo single with b sides.

It's difficult to describe the appeal of Bogdan, he has the same punk energy of RDJ, some decent drum programming, very childlike/offkilter sense of humour. My favorite release is probably Drum'n'bass Classixx showing a depth of knowledge and love of the genre but completely taking the piss out of it at the same time.

• Like 2