IGNORED

Bladelores

jeremymacgregor87

So is this the track you play to your friends who always say to you "Autechre's music is cold and emotionless"? Fuck that. This is the lushest of recent AE. It is such an epic track

pls discuss

emotionless?! au contraire i'd say! imo nobody in modern music can compete with them in depth of emotions and that's what attracted me into their world in the first place, not idm faqeries...and what kept me by their side for so long

if we're talking Exai, YJY UX takes the caek on tha feels.

agree! one of my top-fav ae track

So is this the track you play to your friends who always say to you "Autechre's music is cold and emotionless"? Fuck that. This is the lushest of recent AE. It is such an epic track

pls discuss

emotionless?! au contraire i'd say! imo nobody in modern music can compete with them in depth of emotions and that's what attracted me into their world in the first place, not idm faqeries...and what kept me by their side for so long

I agree about the emotions. Second to none imo. But because the music is so difficult to ears that aren't used to it, that's the only thing people hear when they listen for the first time. People say to me 'it's so abrasive and harsh' when what i'm hearing is the funkiest space bass imaginable or sounds oozing with emotion. It's difficult. It's like we're listening to completely different things.

But anyway bladelores is great. I love the weird springy thing that comes in at 5:38. Any ideas how that's made? Sounds like some sort of delay feedback modulation but it keeps such a tight rhythm with the track. Fuckin clever. Also the bass line throughout, peaking it's head out from the depths every now and then.

I'm guessing the the title party refers to the lores~ filter in max which is cool.

pls discuss

I agree about the emotions. Second to none imo. But because the music is so difficult to ears that aren't used to it, that's the only thing people hear when they listen for the first time. People say to me 'it's so abrasive and harsh' when what i'm hearing is the funkiest space bass imaginable or sounds oozing with emotion. It's difficult. It's like we're listening to completely different things.

But anyway bladelores is great. I love the weird springy thing that comes in at 5:38. Any ideas how that's made? Sounds like some sort of delay feedback modulation but it keeps such a tight rhythm with the track. Fuckin clever. Also the bass line throughout, peaking it's head out from the depths every now and then.

I'm guessing the the title party refers to the lores~ filter in max which is cool.

yes, ae's hard but rewarding, in my our opinion... grosse fuge is hard today and just imagine how hard was in beethoven's time, but it's rewarding.

regarding the title, yes imo too it comes from the lores~, resonance set to high = sharp = blade + lores~ = bladelores

pls discuss

yes, ae's hard but rewarding, in my our opinion... grosse fuge is hard today and just imagine how hard was in beethoven's time, but it's rewarding.

regarding the title, yes imo too it comes from the lores~, resonance set to high = sharp = blade + lores~ = bladelores

interesting 

"Um, I kinda like find OUTechre very cold and emotionless". "Good, that's why I'll take you on a trip to the morgue and blast eastre on the way there."

Works every time.

Man I do love the 5:38 part too. Someone once mentioned a faulty cassette player destroying a tape hard, and I like to imagine the machine is sentient and eating the tape with fury while falling through a vast depression, seemingly floating due to the scale. Cool track

Nearly every album has a very expressive closer, sometimes overwhelming but in an absolutely positive way. I'd even include Lentic Catachresis.

bladelores is actually the track that makes me kinda ashamed of listening to Ae, coz i know this is the kind of track someone loosely familiar to Ae would point at to show how soulful and conventional they could be "despite all that", and i'm like whatever i don't have anything to do with it. So i don't normally say i listen to Ae coz i would be misinterpreted 10 times out of 10

Man I do love the 5:38 part too. Someone once mentioned a faulty cassette player destroying a tape hard, and I like to imagine the machine is sentient and eating the tape with fury while falling through a vast depression, seemingly floating due to the scale. Cool track

Some of the descriptions of ae's music i read on here are worth the subscription price alone. Love this stuff.

pls discuss

It actually has been one of the tracks I've played for people not familiar with Autechre; being a fucking wicked track, huge and immense whilst not being too complex, it's a good glimpse into the Autechre universe. 

pure euphoria, this track

Summed. Up.

+1

I find it goes thematically well with newbound, there exists a linkeage there made of delicious emotional space travel cheese.

I find it goes thematically well with newbound, there exists a linkeage there made of delicious emotional space travel cheese.

Newbound is a tune which I've been playing a lot the last few weeks, it has always reminded me of the short story Sunjammer/Wind From the Sun by Arthur C Clarke (which is a yacht race between solar sail spacecraft).

It's a lovely track, but perhaps a bit too long.. or peaks too early.. the best part is around the middle imo, and then after that the feels dwindle significantly

It's a lovely track, but perhaps a bit too long.. or peaks too early.. the best part is around the middle imo, and then after that the feels dwindle significantly

really?

I think I probably felt the same way soon after exai came out, but the track has definitely opened up for me now. Especially at the half way point where the main melody comes back in and then shatters to a million pieces at the end. Drane-like in intensity

Don't get me wrong, it's cool in that typical Autechre way of deconstructing the pretty melody at the end and repeating a decaying fragment of it over and over (which is a great technique), I just think that it peaks melodically at that one point and doesn't really get back to that level of emotion at any other point in the track..

Archived