IGNORED

CHATMM Volume 15: Announcement, discussion, etc.

Friendly Foil

Bringing the CHATMM comps back after a break. Below are the rules and other info. Thx. 

The theme will be "heatwave", based on the FACT that a lot of great many people have been complaining about the crazy heat these last few weeks. So that's it. How that theme is interpreted is up to whoever decides to do a track. Hopefully that'll result in a huge lovely mess of a comp. Here's some more info and rules:

1. The deadline is September 30. That should leave anyone plenty of time to do something. There will be no delays. Time zone doesn't matter, just make sure to send it before or on the 30th wherever you are. 

2. Please send whatever you come up with to me in a PM here on WATMM. WAV files only. Also, please only send finished tracks and max two per person and keep them below ten minutes in length. Finally, remember to label them like this: Artist - Title. Oh and no old tracks/project files/whatever. This whole thing is pointless if it's just a collection of old stuff.

3. I have no idea if this thing will be mastered. It probably won't but I'll try to make things sound somewhat even volume-wise. Maybe I'll fail (I probably will). Either way, don't get too mad. It's just a music compilation on the internet.  

I guess this thread can serve as a place to discuss/hate on the theme and such, or maybe even ask a question or two.  Anyways, I think that's it. Thanks. 

Is sampling allowed ? I have an idea for a HOT track but it involves a lot of sampling

Everything in the whole world is allowed. But if you get sued it's on you. I got nothing to do with any of this. Nothing!
Of course ! Thanks for the answer.

Seems appropriate, the word "sue" is very close to the french word for "sweat" ha. !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived