I would like to see compulsory / encouraged "genre tagging" of New Releases / EKT New Releases.

It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find relevant stuff.

Currrently in EKT, its "Check out my new EP!!!!1111" with a link straight to a bandcamp page.  Genre tagging would make the process of finding relevant music a lot easier and (certainly in my opinion) encourage me to hear / purchase more stuff.

Yes - great idea, and we'll have a lot more control over and the ability to enforce tagging in the new Forum/site.

I would like to see +260 pixels added to the forum, please.

It's a responsive design, so depending on what device you are on, you might get 260 pixels, maybe more  :emotawesomepm9:

Oh, also not sure if it makes a difference but when using space bar instead of adding a space, it acts like the "page down" button and brings me to the bottom of the thread.

Hmm it's like it's not 'seeing' you have an active textbox highlighted. NB Space for 'Page Down' (and Shift-Space for 'Page Up') is normal browser functionality but should get temporarily disabled if any text box/field is clicked.

It's weird, Edge is working on my work laptop now but not my home PC. Oh well! I'll just use Chrome or FF.

Can my original post in this thread (https://forum.watmm.com/topic/84040-trackermatte-completionist-thread/page-1) be fixed for the new watmm?   :catrecline:

(if not I'll find the time to fix it all manually, all good).

What needs to be fixed in the thread (didn't click on it, sorry)?

I would like to see compulsory / encouraged "genre tagging" of New Releases / EKT New Releases.

It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find relevant stuff.

Currrently in EKT, its "Check out my new EP!!!!1111" with a link straight to a bandcamp page. Genre tagging would make the process of finding relevant music a lot easier and (certainly in my opinion) encourage me to hear / purchase more stuff.

This + an appropriate search function or even thread filters using those tags would be neat!!

New Forum uses Elastisearch (one of the reasons for the delay in launching; Elastisearch is being rolled out in the 4.3 release due hopefully by mid-Feb) which will finally give us real search capabilities. I think showing threads by tag also is a new feature as well.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason one day all my text turned into this stuff:

<p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Alright WATMM.....</span></span></p><br />
<p>&nbsp;</p><br />
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">We've been chatting in CHATMM and decided this thread should be dedicated to knowledge about Mattias Ostling&nbsp;and all of his aliases releases. There is no information about him on discogs, and his releases are scattered amongst many aliases and many different webpages.&nbsp;</span></span></p><br />
<p>&nbsp;</p><br />
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">The ultimate goal of this thread is to get a reasonably accurate list of his aliases and releases under said aliases, and translate this over to discogs so that he may get more recognition.</span></span></p><br />
<p>&nbsp;</p><br />
<p>&nbsp;</p><br />

I guess it doesn't really matter, his discogs is getting healthier. =P

For some reason one day all my text turned into this stuff:

<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Alright WATMM.....</span></span></p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">We've been chatting in CHATMM and decided this thread should be dedicated to knowledge about Mattias Ostling&nbsp;and all of his aliases releases. There is no information about him on discogs, and his releases are scattered amongst many aliases and many different webpages.&nbsp;</span></span></p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">The ultimate goal of this thread is to get a reasonably accurate list of his aliases and releases under said aliases, and translate this over to discogs so that he may get more recognition.</span></span></p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

I guess it doesn't really matter, his discogs is getting healthier. =P

Just fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thought, how about a forum where you don't allow people to bait someone all day long and then disable the victim.

Seriously weak even by WATMM standards.

I don't think that's an addon or feature we can install.

Maybe there were a number of messages sent behind the scenes through PM that you don't know about.

There is a "read everyone's PMs" addon that I've considered for awhile... (kidding)

Seriously - if you have a grievance, please PM or email me, don't shitpost about it in the wrong thread.

• 3 weeks later...

hey Joyrex, maybe it's already been discussed and the reasons were given why this doesn't exist in watmm but i often wonder why there isn't a pinned thread in each featured artist forum with a complete detailed (detailed as in, albums, ep's, singles, studio/live, official, bootlegs, fake, etc...) discography of said artist... for me it would be a really helpful feature seeing that having to keep up with every new post talking about possible fake/official, bootlegs etc thread is quite difficult... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would be handy if search would have the option "this forum + subforums" instead of just "this forum".

The new search is vastly improved - BTW if you just search "WATMM" it will search all the forums. That being said, our current search isn't that great anyway...

I've been busy with work so rolling out the new WATMM has been delayed (plus they came out with a major update which brings a lot of features I think will make it worth waiting for), but I'm planning a rollout before May (some important stuff happening near the end of May - more info to come).

Would be handy if search would have the option "this forum + subforums" instead of just "this forum".

(some important stuff happening near the end of May - more info to come).

new autechre boc and aphex twin albooms 

CONFIRMED

The new search is vastly improved - BTW if you just search "WATMM" it will search all the forums. That being said, our current search isn't that great anyway...

I've been busy with work so rolling out the new WATMM has been delayed (plus they came out with a major update which brings a lot of features I think will make it worth waiting for), but I'm planning a rollout before May (some important stuff happening near the end of May - more info to come).

Glad to hear you're still working on the new site, and excited to see what the new stuff on its way might be. :beer:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm willing to not point out that it's about the middle of May right now if you can assure me that the emoji situation we'll be getting is going to be game-changing.

:emotawesomepm9: 

Hope it's going well. Mostly curious what the hell the 'important end of May' stuff is.

I'm willing to not point out that it's about the middle of May right now if you can assure me that the emoji situation we'll be getting is going to be game-changing.

:emotawesomepm9:

Hope it's going well. Mostly curious what the hell the 'important end of May' stuff is.

So much stuff going on right now... work (too many 14+ hour days), life (don't ask), and being interviewed for a BBC radio programme... Trying to get all the persons and pieces together so before June 1 we can upgrade the forum (and site). Hang in there!

Archived