a good mobile version would be cool. current one as it is kinda sucks... unless it is my phone's fault... no emoticons, no code to post images nor videos, etc... search doesn't have enough refinement features... bleh...

Anything better than the current mobile web version would be preferable to using tapatalk tbh

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General update: Work still kicking my ass, so haven't had any free time to devote to getting the upgrade scheduled. Unfortunately those who have helped me do all the server stuff in the past are busy themselves, so I may look into the forum software company doing the upgrade (the bigger issue is there are a lot of little things that need to be done along with the upgrade). Hoping next month will calm down once these major work projects are done and dusted.

Just a thought from a forum newbie.... maybe if the theme didn't load 4GB of background images on every page the server costs would drop

Anyway after I blocked the background images the pages started loading faster and my joy at using WATMM increased 30%... maybe have the option of alternative themes that aren't as heavy.

As mentioned, there are other themes. Plus, unless you have your browser caching turned off, you shouldn't be loading the background image every page load. And yes, the new forum will come with new themes (an updated WATMM Classic, which will be the default theme) as well. Not sure if some of the themes like Tomorrow's Harvest or SYRO will make the transition immediately.

site is great like it is but paps i miss chatmm

Keep missing it - honestly the best we're looking forward to is better Discord integration, unless I go with something like Babble. The key is forum integration, where we can control who can and cannot use the chat feature.

a good mobile version would be cool. current one as it is kinda sucks... unless it is my phone's fault... no emoticons, no code to post images nor videos, etc... search doesn't have enough refinement features... bleh...

The new forum/site is responsive, so it will work on mobile just as well as desktop and tablet. The current forum wasn't designed as such and as a result the "mobile view" is worthless.

I wonder if this is a thing or maybe it's been mentioned, but some way to flag threads so you never see them at all. Something I guess in the settings showing you the ones you have blocked and a way to unblock each one. It'd be good to not ever see certain threads again!

I think there is a new feature (or at least an addon) that allows this. I know they have refined the blocking features in the new version.

This isnt exactly a 'what do i want?' question. But: Is this going to change any of the downloadable content, i.e erase old stuff for the new. If so i would like to rinse it as much as I can before.

No - all the currently downloadable content will carry over - if anything, it will be easier to navigate and manage.

Anything better than the current mobile web version would be preferable to using tapatalk tbh

Yes, Tapatalk is a great idea, but poor in execution. The new site/forum will make Tapatalk obsolete. In fact, there's talk of future versions of the forum software embracing PWA, or Progressive Web Apps, which can best be described as a hybrid between a dedicated mobile app and a web-based application.

NuWATMM™ will be ultra-serious - only people who own complete discographies will be allowed to post and only if they purchase the "Analordy That's Expensive" subscription package worth 10 limited edition DrukQs boxsets, or two BOC Maxima cassettes that have dried nose goblins from Marcus on the J-card.

• 1 month later...

Just an update: the 'hiccup' last Friday (if you noticed it) was due to increasing HDD space, which is part of the forum upgrade.

In the coming week, I'm scheduling downtime to switch the site from forum.watmm.com to watmm.com/forum/ so the main page of the site will be driven from the integrated content management system.

Once that major step is in place, we can then schedule the software upgrade, which will bring us to the much-discussed new forum software, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the new watmm to work with microsoft internet browsers. 

I do not always have access to FF or chrome. Scrolling doesn't work with MS edge or Internet explorer, for one.

The new forum software works with Edge - dunno about IE but it will be dead by 2020 anyway...

I usually use Edge at work. You're right IE will be dead!

Not sure what happened or when it happened but yeah, scroll wheels are no-go right no in Edge (at least my 2 computers). 

Looking forward to the new site. Soon-ish?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like the new watmm to work with microsoft internet browsers.

I do not always have access to FF or chrome. Scrolling doesn't work with MS edge or Internet explorer, for one.

The new forum software works with Edge - dunno about IE but it will be dead by 2020 anyway...

So 2020 at the earliest guys, you read it here first.

Edge is swapping over to Chromium base next yearish anyway lol.

Also will say since I abandoned Tapatalk I'm actually looking forward to the new forum as the current one sucks on mobile of course. I'll live. Probably. XPost in SFWP

• 3 months later...

Archived