in the text editor i would like to be able to do what i do in gmail + slack et all which is copy and paste an image [not the url but the image] in and it auto uploads and inserts

The new editor does this!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yo jr you sort of missed my point about the edit feature. maybe i didn't elaborate enough but basically saying i totally agree with the support the site mentality but can you shift that from post edits to something else? places like reddit let people sign up for free and have these features, and watmm is like a deluxe reddit in terms of bettering a lot of its features, looking more lush and having AMAs with autechre. i feel like being able to edit something to fix a mistake, as i'm sure 90% of edits are, is a pretty fundamental feature for a forum. is this a standard thing that other vbulletin type boards do btw? if so i would say they should try and compete with reddit and facebook for discussion because these technologies have changed the game.

even if it were just the OP of a thread only being able to edit the first post so they can update it with new information that is relevent to the topic in case they forget something or there's just some news that comes out, or an update for some software they are working on. this would be much better than not being able to edit at all.

tldr not being able to edit a post after a long while is a little too frustrating and punishing even for 'free' users imo. i mean put it this way, it's not like it motivated me to get a EKT account anyway, auxien gifted it to me cus he's a badass and all around nice person. 

I'm surprised Reddit allows editing long after something's been posted - you'd think they'd want to preserve things so folks don't behave badly and try to "rewrite history".

I agree with you though - as long as it doesn't get abused, I think forever-editing is something all paid accounts should have (another incentive for the purple-coloured amongst us to consider).

I'll make that change now!

Done - actually, only Supporting Members (3.00/yr) had a 5 minute restriction in place; all the other accounts have unlimited editing times.

in the text editor i would like to be able to do what i do in gmail + slack et all which is copy and paste an image [not the url but the image] in and it auto uploads and inserts

The new editor does this!

boss.

How long is the landing page gunna have that WATMMDFN logo lol

Probably until Badger EP comes out. He had the orphaned deejay selek splash screen for a year before replacing it with this iirc

• 1 month later...

Not too much longer - it will be replaced with a News page, which will also feature content from the forum and other things.

Probably until Badger EP comes out. He had the orphaned deejay selek splash screen for a year before replacing it with this iirc

Ah, Badger EP - unfortunately Richard cancelled that one when the damn thing chewed up the pizza box. Tracks were engraved into the cardboard, and meant to be played with a special roller that would translate the bumps into music (like an old player piano). the "57" referred to the number of bumps on the first eponymous track, "badger [fx001 reverb mix]".

Not a suggestion but this seemed like a logical place to ask, what does it mean when someone's user group is "Restricted"?

When a user is in Restricted, it means their account has been inactive for more than 180 days. They are sent an email letting them know. If their account remains inactive for an additional 180 days, their account is purged from the system.

Quick site upgrade update - the big 4.2 update for the forum came out, and we've installed it in Development, and there are some minor tweaks to the WATMM skin due to this. I also need to start building the aforementioned News page, as well as other housekeeping items before we get ready to upgrade Production (aka this site) and move all those changes over, which we are still figuring out the logistics of doing so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to remove the cream box around the "edited" message and have it more like the logged out version which is just text? It's quite visually invasive, especially in threads with multiple edited posts.

untitledw6j0f.png

vs.

untitled26xjud.png

Is it possible to remove the cream box around the "edited" message and have it more like the logged out version which is just text? It's quite visually invasive, especially in threads with multiple edited posts.

untitledw6j0f.png

vs.

untitled26xjud.png

That's a product of the skin. If anything, the WATMM Classic skin should have some sort of container/color contrast around the edited by message, and this will be addressed in the new forum's WATMM Classic skin.

It's CHATMM no more?  I haven't been around for like 2 years.

...and yet for some reason I keep coming back over the past decade and a half.

You can probably search this thread (and site) for what happened to CHATMM... but the new site will have a permanent solution. For now, use Discord (see the sidebar on the main forum page).

• 3 weeks later...

Please remove the Twitter, Google+ and Facebook like buttons. They serve a major privacy risk for people who choose not to use those services or don't have something like privacy badger installed.

Er, what? Just don't click on them!

Archived