Please remove the Twitter, Google+ and Facebook like buttons. They serve a major privacy risk for people who choose not to use those services or don't have something like privacy badger installed.

Er, what? Just don't click on them!

https://www.geek.com/news/facebook-like-button-tracks-you-even-if-you-dont-click-1380793/

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

You can download the Discord app for mobile, yeah. CHATMM is kaput for an indeterminate amount of time (re: til the new site), and even then I think Discord may be the new chat anyway.

What buttons are you guys even talking about? 

I've never seen em'. There's a little twatter icon here next to where I format text etc but other than that...?

It only appears on certain skins - was something that came with the skins. They simply link to the WATMM Facebook and Twitter account pages.

can it be waterproof

Depends on what device you are viewing WATMM on

Is there a time code link for Youtube vids?

Not in the current YouTube embed, but I think the new embed on the new forum does support a time code link (basically start video at x:xx)

Been getting this message when using the search function: Unauthorized access to internal API. Please refer to https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542055

Is it me or is the search borked? If borked my nuwatmm feature request would be a working search function.

^same. Searching within a thread seems to work fine, but searching the site as a whole presents that message to me.

Obviously you can just Google search site:forum.watmm.com though. That's all the search bar does anyway if I'm not mistaken.

what are the little dots under my picture?

I have 7

Can the new watmm give users superpowers based on the number of dots?

Those are 'pips' - basically a visual indicator of how many posts you have (I think). They're on the new forum as well.

Can't find the forum bugs/issues thread!

For some reason, this started on Saturday - when using the forums with internet explorer or edge, the spacebar key doesn't work at all. It works on all other parts of the interwebs but not the forums. I cleared my cache and restarted comp and everything, still doing it. 

Using Chrome (like I am now) is fine. Anyone else?

For some reason,         this started on Saturday -        when using the forums with internet explorer or edge, the        spacebar         key                doesn't work at all. It works on all other parts of the interwebs but not the forums. I cleared my cache and restarted comp and everything, still doing it. 

e d g e works for me.

For some reason, this started on Saturday - when using the forums with internet explorer or edge, the spacebar key doesn't work at all. It works on all other parts of the interwebs but not the forums. I cleared my cache and restarted comp and everything, still doing it. 

Not tried Explorer but I can confirm this is happening with Edge, intermittently. Clicking outside of/reloading/messing about will fix it but then it's prone to happen again later with no particular cause that I've noticed. Slamming the keyboard, however, will not help.

Odd - is it every page, or just the forum index?

Every page unfortunately. Anywhere I try and type a response (like this box here) that is.

Oh, also not sure if it makes a difference but when using space bar instead of adding a space, it acts like the "page down" button and brings me to the bottom of the thread. 

Really weird!

Oh, also not sure if it makes a difference but when using space bar instead of adding a space, it acts like the "page down" button and brings me to the bottom of the thread.

Hmm it's like it's not 'seeing' you have an active textbox highlighted. NB Space for 'Page Down' (and Shift-Space for 'Page Up') is normal browser functionality but should get temporarily disabled if any text box/field is clicked.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see compulsory / encouraged "genre tagging" of New Releases / EKT New Releases.

It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find relevant stuff.

Currrently in EKT, its "Check out my new EP!!!!1111" with a link straight to a bandcamp page.  Genre tagging would make the process of finding relevant music a lot easier and (certainly in my opinion) encourage me to hear / purchase more stuff.

Hmm it's like it's not 'seeing' you have an active textbox highlighted. NB Space for 'Page Down' (and Shift-Space for 'Page Up') is normal browser functionality but should get temporarily disabled if any text box/field is clicked.

It's weird, Edge is working on my work laptop now but not my home PC. Oh well! I'll just use Chrome or FF.

Can my original post in this thread (https://forum.watmm.com/topic/84040-trackermatte-completionist-thread/page-1) be fixed for the new watmm?   :catrecline:

(if not I'll find the time to fix it all manually, all good).

I would like to see compulsory / encouraged "genre tagging" of New Releases / EKT New Releases.

It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find relevant stuff.

Currrently in EKT, its "Check out my new EP!!!!1111" with a link straight to a bandcamp page. Genre tagging would make the process of finding relevant music a lot easier and (certainly in my opinion) encourage me to hear / purchase more stuff.

This + an appropriate search function or even thread filters using those tags would be neat!!

Archived