So it's time once again for the more exciting of the two european competitions to get lit af

Let's start with West Ham.

Knocked out of the competition by Romanian side Astra Giurgiu - currently in 11th position in the Romanian League, they've had to sell their best players in order to pay wages, the manager is suspended for betting on football, and the owner is in jail. It's also the second year in a row West Ham has been knocked out of the EL by Astra.

Jesus fuck what the fuck is going on over there - i know Hammers didn't have their full line-up, but that looked woeful.

And the actual draw - fuck I forgot how many groups there were.

We have a tough group, and RVP gets a reunion tour. We all know what happened last time Southampton played Inter.

Group G should also have some really epic matches.

85SvZEz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Shit match and a shit result. Neither team played football, we were just better at not playing football. I swear for half the team it was like playing a game of pass to the opposition.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meh, two fantastic strikes by Fenerbace. We had the lions share of the attack but couldn't finish, as per our recent form.

No one sensible thinks it will be easy.

• 6 months later...

Good on ya for winnin da ting. Will be interesting to see whether you hold water in the CL and in league next year.  Same with Spurs of course.  I'm okay with Walker walking though we need to put the proceeds into a dece replacement wing back and midfielder off the bench.

D Lo - I mean, they're not as good as the mighty Gent, but Ajax are hardly shit. Guarantee you will see a number of those players move on to big money clubs in the next couple of years.

Bob Dob - I told one of my friends who's a Spurs supporter the same thing - you lot need one quality player for depth in each of these positions: striker (unless Janssen decides to start scoring from open play), CB, and LB. Even if Walker leaves, you'll be a force to be reckoned with in both the Prem and CL if you can keep your team together and get that bit of quality in. I'm still curious where Walker thinks he can go to that's a step up from you lot though...

More silverware and CL next season, almost makes up for the disappointing premier league showing.

almost? two major cups and champions league qualification, in the end you had a better season than city liverpool and spurs

The one thing about it that's really great is we go straight into the group stages.

I'm only really disappointed in the premier league result because of all the goddamn draws we had.

Archived