IGNORED

Massive disappointments from artists you love

Stock

This thread idea came right after I had a listen of the new Mr Oizo track : End of the World ft. Skrillex. Probably the first time I was that disappointed by the new output of an artist I like, and I thought WATMM could help me getting over it. With all the hype surrounding each and every new music release lately, such disappointments are more and more common, and we'd better get prepared to them.

So here we go : post the track, and explain what's so frustrating about it, whether it's a new direction you don't like, an explicit lack of efforts in the production, an unusual cringy sense of melody...

(to me, the Oizo track was all of the above).

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like the track, but I actually think it would do good on huge speakers in a club. 

First disappointment coming to mind: photek with that housey album.

14047181_10153665446781714_2576767785221

I can't tell who it is, but I can feel why you'd be disappointed with such a color scheme.

Don't like the track, but I actually think it would do good on huge speakers in a club.

Probably, but even if he already made some good club bangers, they always had some kind of a "twist" making them really interesting. This track is just the think break + minimal drop (god do I hate those) + detroit-y synth chords :(

Guest WNS000

I usually have no expectations so I am not disappointed that much although I criticise a lot.

A shitty Tool album after so many years would be a massive disappointment though.

but tool were always shitty?

better than your band dogshit you wanna be jared leto

keanu-reeves-dogstar-band.jpg?crop=top&f

Also, what I posted above was of course the occasionally great Travis Stewart who apparently seems to be turning his Machinedrum alias into a post-Vaporwave money dance fest

DJ Scotch Egg albums disappointed me. Three banging tracks surrounded by 30 second noise bits, not to mention lasting barely twenty minutes. So awesome live but non-existent on record.

Squarepusher after Ultravisitor 

You find Ultravisitor bad? Listen to Ufabulum, I almost vomited

Ufabulum is not bad, wtf.

massive spr superplex stadium sound. i licked it  :)

More underwhelmed that disappointed:

Grimes' Art Angels after Visions was really underwhelming

Life of Pablo was really rough

Drake's Views was more of a snoozefest than I had ever expected it to be

Tomahawk's Oddfellows

thinking about this is making me sad. This is the worst kind of music. There's albums that are bad but still interesting. There's albums so bad they're interestingly bad. These albums I listed are just boring

Guest bitroast

even more annoying after the pre-release version of realiti being so good + the album only having a handful of songs i could actually get into. 

it was like an album luring me into wanting to like it but ultimately couldn't do it. 

even more annoying after the pre-release version of realiti being so good + the album only having a handful of songs i could actually get into. 

it was like an album luring me into wanting to like it but ultimately couldn't do it. 

it should hv signed to rephlex :)  wwd hv set hr straight :)

ufabulum but redeemed by damogen furies

I liked ufababoon but some of the sound quality bothered me. 

Same with damaging furries. I like it a lot but some parts hurt my ears =/

but tool were always shitty?

tool are so bad its mind-boggling

I nearly always regret riling up Tool fans. They are some of the most insufferable, arrogant, anti-intellectual pieces of shit in all of fandom. Oh fuck here it goes again.

Archived