IGNORED

Massive disappointments from artists you love

Stock

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limpy you sound like freshman girl at the University of Psychology that just learned her first smart words.

And I don't think you got what previous poster meant either. Psychology is silly, anyway. 

Syro is best record ever.

For someone.

edit: on topic - late pusher ofc (SEB1, Shobaleader, Estrobia, Ufabalum, Furries, all that nonsense)

Like what, specifically?

Jev made a comment about humans (on some level) being logical and rational, I think the evidence suggests otherwise and say so...beer tells me to shut the fuck up because I'm boring...I tell him that there's no reason to attack my character simply for being long-winded or boring or off-topic or whatever, and that doing so says more about him than me...

So yes, I try to think and talk like this in everyday life.

Limpy you sound like freshman girl at the University of Psychology that just learned her first smart words.

And I don't think you got what previous poster meant either. Psychology is silly, anyway.

Syro is best record ever.

For someone.

edit: on topic - late pusher ofc (SEB1, Shobaleader, Estrobia, Ufabalum, Furries, all that nonsense)

Psychology is silly? Please explain.

Haha, sorry Limp, grumpy morning again. Psychology is like predicting weather on nature signs, or curing diseases by enthomedicine (is it a word?) by smelling flowers and eating dog poop. It can be partially right, it even can be on point sometimes for some people. But it's really blurry, inaccurate and rough. It can work on basic levels but fails miserably on global scale and details, on the whole picture.

What jev? I thought you were talking about WNS000 comments. By bad if you were not.

Love is perfectly logical and rational in brain's own terms. I mean the whole system - how and why it happens. Psychology might see people as illogical and irrational beings, but just because said psychology is silly. Everything has a perfect explanation. You might think that storm and tornado are chaotic and unpredictable. Counter intuitive if you wish. But they accurately follow laws of physics and at the given time they can't be anything but what they are. Conscious part of human brain is not capable of calculating why tornado goes where it goes and for how long it's gonna be, but computer probably can. Humans might seem illogical at the first glance, but it doesn't mean that we really are. So much have been already explained in neurobiology I dunno why someone even bothers with what psychology has to say on the subject. You don't use it like that, you use it on specific things and cases, to solve some concrete issues, like help a girl to survive breakup with her bf, not to explain how the brain works. Leave it to actual science please.

And no I really don't like creationists

You know how experimental findings in psychology tend to be counter-intuitive?

(Like when you put a person in a room with other people, show them a a picture of a long line segment A and a shorter one B, have everyone else say B is longer, and then that poor person will likewise say B is longer)

It's not counter intuitive, it's perfectly logical and predictable in this case. Psychology does not take into account a lot of factors, it's so basic at times I can't even take it seriously.

i always felt the information and modern guilt should have switched producers lol. information had complete shit songs but great production and modern guilt had great songs but danger mouse really fucked the pooch on that one wow. 

Yeah, you're kinda right. The Information does have some shit songs, which makes it quite weird that I think it's a great album. I like the production of it, though. As for Modern Guilt, yeah, it has that Danger Mouse sound, whatever that is, and it bothers me. Other than songs like Gamma Ray, Youthless, and Walls, I found myself wishing he'd had nothing to do with the record.

Limpy, I didn't mean that humans are very logical and rational. The mere existence of life on earth is a pointless game for me and emotions do their best to fuck up logical and rational thinking. But what I meant was that from the point of evolution love is explainable (for the normal population) by logical reasons (as a driving force to reproduce and other shit). I am probably unable to express it differently via English text at the moment so nevermind.

Haha, sorry Limp, grumpy morning again. Psychology is like predicting weather on nature signs, or curing diseases by enthomedicine (is it a word?) by smelling flowers and eating dog poop. It can be partially right, it even can be on point sometimes for some people. But it's really blurry, inaccurate and rough. It can work on basic levels but fails miserably on global scale and details, on the whole picture.

What jev? I thought you were talking about WNS000 comments. By bad if you were not.

Love is perfectly logical and rational in brain's own terms. I mean the whole system - how and why it happens. Psychology might see people as illogical and irrational beings, but just because said psychology is silly. Everything has a perfect explanation. You might think that storm and tornado are chaotic and unpredictable. Counter intuitive if you wish. But they accurately follow laws of physics and at the given time they can't be anything but what they are. Conscious part of human brain is not capable of calculating why tornado goes where it goes and for how long it's gonna be, but computer probably can. Humans might seem illogical at the first glance, but it doesn't mean that we really are. So much have been already explained in neurobiology I dunno why someone even bothers with what psychology has to say on the subject. You don't use it like that, you use it on specific things and cases, to solve some concrete issues, like help a girl to survive breakup with her bf, not to explain how the brain works. Leave it to actual science please.

And no I really don't like creationists

Jev = WNS000 (old SN)

Again, humans are or aren't logical depending on your conception of "logical". And how is the "line segment" experiment obvious or intuitive?

Answer this one question: how can you understand a human being without psychology? How can you make sense of things like the Holocaust (logical!) or almost blowing up the world during the height of the Cold War (rational!) without psychology. How can you understand literally anything a human being does without psychology?

Explain to me a better way to understand ourselves that offers more insight than psychology.

beerwolf, do you normally lash out at people for boring you?

Because that's really only something a depressed asshole does.

I'm sound as a pound mate, I'm cruising on cloud nine. Everything in the world right now is great with me. No bullshit. I love coming on watmm and talking about music, I even like going over to the General Banter forum and having a chat about weed, books and beer and such like. I think I've even reforged a friendship Ossillik (spelling lol). I'm going out this weekend with 3 of my best mates which I've known since nursery school for a good drink. 

I can assure you me old mate, I'm about as far as you can get as a 'depressed asshole' :cool:

Anyway lets get back on topic,

i was curious about orbital's per-massive disappointment phase and grabbed in sides. well, it's really embarrassing, i literally felt the urge to lower the volume so neighbors wont hear it and form impressions of me based on that. it's sounds very teenage,  videogame/demoscene kinda music. some new agey plinky plonk steel drum sound panning from left to right for 2 minutes, then some angsty acidic synth with delay joins in for another 2 minutes. intense. then a drop and a female angelic voice comes in (i can literally imagine the video game character singing this - huge boobs (natural, no silicone allowed), tiny waist, all dressed in white with intricate patterns made of silver thread, elf, can levitate). i think this music is impossible to appreciate today in a non ironic/nostalgic way.

their urge to run some catchy phrase for 2 minutes and then change it up to keep things interesting is kinda childish. i remember having this idea of keeping things constantly progressing as a guiding principle when messing about with IT trackers with my friend pretty much in the same period, but we were about 13 back then, those dudes were near 30's. it's very interestingly un-autechre, the chre bros would just repeat some ugly industrial scrub for 10 to 20 minutes and call it a day.

i was curious about orbital's per-massive disappointment phase and grabbed in sides. well, it's really embarrassing, i literally felt the urge to lower the volume so neighbors wont hear it and form impressions of me based on that. it's sounds very teenage,  videogame/demoscene kinda music. some new agey plinky plonk steel drum sound panning from left to right for 2 minutes, then some angsty acidic synth with delay joins in for another 2 minutes. intense. then a drop and a female angelic voice comes in (i can literally imagine the video game character singing this - huge boobs (natural, no silicone allowed), tiny waist, all dressed in white with intricate patterns made of silver thread, elf, can levitate). i think this music is impossible to appreciate today in a non ironic/nostalgic way.

wtf bro

"In Sides" is a masterpiece. One of the best albums I have heard. Composition and phrasing are amazing and the album is very coherent with amazing flow. Great sound design and mixing too. Lots of substantial details in every track. Even the longest tracks are interesting from start to finish. I am not sure what you are talking about as the record aged very well in my opinion and still sounds fresh. Are you sure you was listening to "In Sides"?

Archived