IGNORED

Massive disappointments from artists you love

Stock

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything Ministry ever did after Paul Barker left.  They were already going down but this was just off a cliff.

Everything PJ Harvey did after Is This Desire? *EXCEPT FOR* the first two-thirds of White Chalk, which for some reason is back on form.

Everything Shihad ever did after Killjoy.

Tri-rep, Draft, Quaristice and Exai are all wobbles in my book, but only cos the others set the standard so high.  Every second album they tend to come back up, if they really work.  I think you can tell when they are unfocussed/distracted.

Alva Noto: after Unitxt, Univrs really was a pile of piss.

lol @ tri rep being a wobble holy shit you are incorrect.

but i do agree with univrs being disappointing after unitxt kicking so much ass

Mogwai have been steadily declining in quality since 2008... Hardcore Will Never Die... was mostly forgettable aside from a couple songs, and Rave Tapes was pretty bad. 

Tri-rep, Draft, Quaristice and Exai are all wobbles in my book, but only cos the others set the standard so high.  Every second album they tend to come back up, if they really work.  I think you can tell when they are unfocussed/distracted.

Any chance your favourite AE album is Chiastic?

Any chance your favourite AE album is Amber?

I can understand you not liking those albums, to each their own, but wtf kind of assumption is that

Everything Ministry ever did after The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste.

fixed

though psalm 69 and filth pig had some good tracks

I wish they'd stayed synthy though, I hate being that guy but I feel like Twitch was their best album, or maybe Land Of Rape And Honey

Everything Shihad ever did after Killjoy.

I liked Five Eyes, but then again I also liked The General Electric, so my opinion may be worthless.

Jimmy Edgar.

Not that his music nowadays is bad, but compared to what he did on 'My Mines I' and 'Seual Dual' as morris Nightingale / Kristuit Salu... That was quite something. Been waiting for something like that to come back, but I've given up hope.

I was gonna mention this, but you nailed it. He's an emo fashion idiot now. Calling the Kardsahians...

Skinny Puppy - The Greater Wrong Of The Right and onwards really. Not that I don't enjoy those albums but it's like all their experimentation and edge disappeared for some clean goth pop. I guess the ohGr side project starting around about the same time was no coincidence for its influence. Another project I like but it's just not the same.

I don't know, I guess SP wouldn't be SP if they didn't keep mixing it up.

deerhunter - monomania

no clue what happened with this one, but this album and fading frontier both suck enough to put me off this band for good.

Their most recent album was ok but nothing after Microcastle did it for me. Got into offshoot band Lotus Plaza instead.

the biggest disappointment of this kind for me was The Fall of Troy, though i doubt there are many fans here.

they were scheduled to play a show here some years ago, but this got cancelled so they could finish an album they were working on. turned out the album (In The Unlikely Event) was a massive disappointment, and they broke up shortly after. fuckers!

on the plus side they recently reunited and released an absolutely killer album this year, plus i'll be seeing them for the 2nd time in a year this friday.

Death Grips did a similar thing with cancelling a scheduled show and then breaking up (or pretending to break up, still not sure what happened there). they are obviously together again but haven't played any shows here.

The Mars Volta - Everything after Frances the Mute just went downhill

Alt-J's second album to current. 

Most everything post-Ultravisitor from SP

that's all I can think of off the top of my head. 

I thought the first two Weezer albums were as good as music can possibly get...

...and then they turned the back on their fans and never made a good album again

they made one decent album, which is honestly not that great. ugly bland grunge guitars and boring riffage. buddy holly is probably the best weezer song. pinkerton stinks, as overrated as it gets plus it spearheaded whiny diluted emo music and the lyrics are creepy as fuck.

...and then they turned the back on their fans and never made a good album again

they made one decent album, which is honestly not that great. ugly bland grunge guitars and boring riffage. buddy holly is probably the best weezer song. pinkerton stinks, as overrated as it gets plus it spearheaded whiny diluted emo music and the lyrics are creepy as fuck.

blue album is an almost perfect power pop album. i'm not saying you have to like it, but it's not that hard to appreciate how smart and well written it is. 

blue album is an almost perfect power pop album. i'm not saying you have to like it, but it's not that hard to appreciate how smart and well written it is. 

It's a classic. Green Day's Dookie is the same category for me as well. I 

Excellent production too, Ric from the Cars engineered it. I have a cassette copy my dad played the shit out of and it still sounds fucking incredible. Never got into Pinkerton like others did, but I understand those who cherish that album as well. That one always seemed to be an album my friends into post-hardcore/emo were into.

I liked the Green album and Maldroit's singles ok. I have not listened to any album since. Much like RHCP, Weezer seems to write and play parodies/homages/commercial licensed interpolations of their own sound and then shamelessly swim in the cash they make from doing so. Rivers literally craps these out and some are even decent, like "Pork and Beans" was undeniably catchy. After the douche anthem Beverly Hills came out I fucking gave up and never looked back. 

Pinkerton stinks?

I mean, my opinion aside, these days it regularly makes 'best of all time' lists...and it's not a conspiracy...it's a masterful album on every level

And to call it "grunge"...that makes it pretty easy to not take you seriously...this isn't grunge music lol...it has more to do with the hair metal than it does with grunge

And the blue album is perfect (and no it's not grunge either)

Archived