IGNORED

Christ. vs Boards of Canada

Guest twiddler

if christ leaked 'old tunes', then why wouldn't he have leaked hooper bay, or acid memories?

or any of the other music70 releases... why just leak a couple of tapes of comp stuff.

anyway, they announced on this very site a few years back that they are still friends... i doubt that would be the case if he had leaked their tapes.

keeping up appearences :innocent:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't be silly, he didn't leak old tunes. if he was part of the band on that material, there's a chance that he stands to benefit from its official release. also, if he was part of the band, he would probably feel just as betrayed by the leak.

Guest Raddcliff

money, fame can make people do stupid things...tirn the best of friends to the worst of enemies. turn protected marshes into tract housing [well fame doesnt apply to that ;) ] etc etc.

don't be silly, he didn't leak old tunes. if he was part of the band on that material, there's a chance that he stands to benefit from its official release. also, if he was part of the band, he would probably feel just as betrayed by the leak.

• 6 months later...
Guest Skinko
also, i fucking love reverb and delay, especially reverbed delay, or delayed reverb. so, i'm a bit partial to this stuff.

A man after my own heart...

I can't really say i have heard enough christ. I will make the effort to hear some as soon as i can. I still fucking love the boards though. Don't listen to it so often as i used to but i think mhtrtc is one of my top three records ever. Geogaddi would be there but i listened to that album way too much...

aye, nice one tree, and triqp, and milieu.

there's a pretty full on brilliant review of blue shifty missions in the archive as well.

i might have to relent my filesharing stance and listen to the d/l i got off gump a month or so ago.

anyone else heard of these sleeps in oysters dudes?

any good?

christ's picks of 2006

read the fine print. certain somebodies are mentioned.

word.

word to that

i don't compare Christ to Boc

i like both for many different reasons but i would say that right now Christ is one of my favourite artists, Vernor Vinge is the best track i heard in 2006, great 12" and cannae wait to get my copy of Blue Shift.... on vinyl

edit - this could be in the Christ subforum, if there was one, like there should be.

Guest Raddcliff

heard some tracks from blue shift emissions...and i think he's done it. the recording sounds great and the tunes really caught my ear. you can hear the his sound...but at the same time it seems like he has found his vibe. 'stained century' is really good. i cant wait to hear the album.

blue shift emissions is sounding, so far to me, to be his breakout release. looking forward to this one!

christ's picks of 2006

read the fine print. certain somebodies are mentioned.

word.

word to that

i don't compare Christ to Boc

i like both for many different reasons but i would say that right now Christ is one of my favourite artists, Vernor Vinge is the best track i heard in 2006, great 12" and cannae wait to get my copy of Blue Shift.... on vinyl

edit - this could be in the Christ subforum, if there was one, like there should be.

mentioned this elsewhere, but for those interested, I've just interviewed Chris for our next issue...touching on the new LP and several other aspects of his music, etc. Very interesting read to say the least. Will post up a PDF when it's been approved for publishing.

when does it come out ism?

did you meet up with him?

looking forward to reading it.

the mag's not out until March 2nd, but I should have the interview PDFs complete by next week, so I'll stick it up. Will be online at www.reverbmag.co.uk as well, again in early March.

Was just a Q&A done via email...

Some good chat had.

Guest skytree
when does it come out ism?

did you meet up with him?

looking forward to reading it.

the mag's not out until March 2nd, but I should have the interview PDFs complete by next week, so I'll stick it up. Will be online at www.reverbmag.co.uk as well, again in early March.

Was just a Q&A done via email...

Some good chat had.

nice. look forward to reading it, ism. keep us posted.

nice. look forward to reading it, ism. keep us posted.

i shall.... :wink2:

(ps - checking out your track in a moment...look forward to that too)

Guest Raddcliff
Christ. is a good musician but he should quit to be a wannabe BoC.

i would say that this new release is just that. what ive heard so far...is his own vibe and quite good.

how ya doin' grim...its been a while holmes.

Guest Grim on Mbient
Christ. is a good musician but he should quit to be a wannabe BoC.

i would say that this new release is just that. what ive heard so far...is his own vibe and quite good.

how ya doin' grim...its been a while holmes.

I shall give his latest release another chance.

Offtopic: "holmes" makes slsk pop up in my mind.. have we met before?

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Christ. is still a daily listen artist for me. As I age i find myself drawn to his music more than the others in the genre which is something i thought id never say, being a bonafide BOC drooler for decades.

Looking back on this thread is quite amusing tho  :wink:

Oi Chris :wave: 

Archived