usagi

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes--you can take umbrage to the use of his EDM tropes

*o.d's on umbrage*

why do people hate on vapor city?? it's better than rooms

Maan vape city was okay buut

As for Room(s), well....what is perfect may never die. 

why do people hate on vapor city?? it's better than rooms

I like Vapor City more than some or maybe even most but there's few statements that have ever been so very wrong as this one of yours is. :)

I'm just here to admit that I enjoy listening to both Room(s), Vapor City and Vapor City archives. This one though, I just can't get into it.

=/

https://machinedrum.bandcamp.com/album/1-2-b-needed-feat-roses-gabor

But hey man, you wanna make some bank- start producing stuff like this.

Trav's put in enough work- I'll always be a fan i think.

I'm starting to wonder if all his new tracks are all just put through a randomizer of chords, but practically same drums and same arpeggios and same synth hits and same vocals.  I personally start from scratch every track I make, but I understand it completely streamlines how much effort you have to put into a track with everything pre-set.  So if you are trying to make a good living off music, I can't hate on you for doing it.

This music is really only suited for me when rolling tits and dancing with attractive females with the plans to go to a plush Airbnb and do a bunch of cocaine afterwords while I wear wayfarers and a full-body snuggy. 

So like twice a year...

This music is really only suited for me when rolling tits and dancing with attractive females with the plans to go to a plush Airbnb and do a bunch of cocaine afterwords while I wear wayfarers and a full-body snuggy. 

So like twice a year...

Ya know what, yeah

• 2 years later...

It was a good shout to revisit this thread. Do we even "get into it" anymore over albums? "New Releases" for me is very much "hay new album: aye, aye" then slow sink to the bottom these days. Hell, Richie Sombrero wrote a mini-dissertation on this record haha.

Anyway, I chucked all Machinedrum on my phone recently and maybe it's the nice weather currently or an inexplicable 2016 nostalgia but this record is so good. Tropes, crystals, LA buffoonery all intact--it still womps and the chops are enviable. I wish I could make a record like this. 

• 1 month later...

Archived