IGNORED

Machinedrum - Human Energy

usagi

Jesus Christ, just listened to some previews on Bleep. 

This is so far removed from the dreamy, haunting beauty of Vapour City, I have a hard time believing it's the same artist.

No thanks.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ, just listened to some previews on Bleep. 

This is so far removed from the dreamy, haunting beauty of Vapour City, I have a hard time believing it's the same artist.

No thanks.

I haven't heard any of the previews but that seems to be the general vibe... Shame, cause I really dug Room(s) and all the Vapor City related stuff.

Yeah this is cheesy as hell but I really like it on a weird level and it makes me grin all the time. Not that I like it with regards to content but it is so well executed and pure fun. And Machinedrum always did lots of different stuff and digged in poppy/grimy/cheesy territories before.

Of course Room(s) was a different beast... Vapor City though didn't do much for me except the interesting concept.

i didn't know this was out officially. i've not really listened to the singles and snippets as i tend to avoid them these days so it doesn't make an album's flow wonky and familiar, so imma give it a spin later. i'm optimistic, but not expecting anything on the level of Room(s).

Spectrum Sequence > White Crown > Ocean of Thought > Etheric Body Temple is such a nice little set/progression.

take out all the featured artist tracks with the exception of Tosin and Jesse Boykins III and we have a rly great album.

mby the rest will grow on me, i unno.

Today is the day! My new album Human Energy is now available worldwide! machinedrum.lnk.to/heaf

Let its sounds heal, excite, energize, inspire, motivate, elevate, illuminate and invigorate you. I hope that the music will bring you out of a bad mood, put a smile on your face and give you hope in these dark times. I put a ton of positive intention into making this album and I hope it shines through when you're listening. I do this shit 4 u, let me give u life!!!!

can't fault the guys positivity tho !!

listened to it on the way to work this morning. definitely not as bad as everyone seems to want it to be but also gets really repetitive with the same trap builds and breakdowns in almost every song. some lush pads and melodies though. still perplexed as to why this wasn't a summer release as it seems like lively vibrant release not suited to the gloom of fall/winter.

so far tell u is my fave but i haven't really given it a thorough listen. some lush pads and melodies throughout. definitely getting coolest ep vibes which was an awesome summer release a few years back

personally i prefer slugabeds itm (intelligent trap music)

Archived