IGNORED

Machinedrum - Human Energy

usagi

gonna have to go with a no here folks. gave it 4 listens and just didn't work. dont really find the "la glam" thing to be that present or annoying. some of the best music ever is made in la, about la, la permeates its every iota and its miles better than this. this is just bad.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

parts of the LA area are great - the sleepy lower middle class neighborhoods dominated by mom and pop shops and restaurants  - and the weather is actually quite amazing.

but that said that part of california is still fucking weird. I've never had any urge to live there or NYC for years, they are cesspools of fame chasers, snobs, and superficial primadonnas . hell austin, tx is bad enough in that regard lately, every other new person in their 20s who moves there is a trust baby with a half-baked goal, cash to burn and instagram account to upkeep. 

there is a valid argument that the scene is more chill in LA - the beat scene especially, labels like brainfeeder & leaving records are prime examples. it seems very opposite from Berlin or London as a producer.

I'd live in a Westworld-esque version of 1980s SoCal in a heartbeat though. 

topgun-tomcruise1.jpg

That pic is something my friend! where is it from?

parts of the LA area are great - the sleepy lower middle class neighborhoods dominated by mom and pop shops and restaurants  - and the weather is actually quite amazing.

but that said that part of california is still fucking weird. I've never had any urge to live there or NYC for years, they are cesspools of fame chasers, snobs, and superficial primadonnas . hell austin, tx is bad enough in that regard lately, every other new person in their 20s who moves there is a trust baby with a half-baked goal, cash to burn and instagram account to upkeep. 

there is a valid argument that the scene is more chill in LA - the beat scene especially, labels like brainfeeder & leaving records are prime examples. it seems very opposite from Berlin or London as a producer.

I'd live in a Westworld-esque version of 1980s SoCal in a heartbeat though. 

topgun-tomcruise1.jpg

That pic is something my friend! where is it from?

It's a still from 'Top Gun'. That's Tom Cruise on the bike.

Reality vs movies....the 80s was horrific...you miss the movie/tv representation of the 80s ;)

Back to MD

Vapour Trails is awesome

Want to 1 2...hit and miss

The Bizness....patchy but i reckon he's still on the tracker and thats why it sounds so great

Urban Biology....a great album...

Now You Know....awesome...

Human Energy is him getting too Diplo for his boots....dollar signs...and too much yoga...

I wouldn't be suprised if you found it playing at your local death fit class

Oh god it looks like a drought ridden run down neighborhood on Texas coast. Looks like they are clearing it for condos or some shit.

I was assumed it looked the same but just 1000% more expensive to rent/own. Guess not.

:sad:

Oh hey it looks like they are preserving it, it's from 1887 which would in context of California make it equivalent to like 1,500 years old anywhere in Europe. The neighborhood going the other way looks pretty much the same as it probably did in the 80s.

In fairness, it probably never really looked that even back then. The director (brother of Ridley Scott) came from a background in commercials.

Kind of glad this thread has veered off course. I don't want to be reminded of the aurally repulsive thing that started this thread.

It's okay man, I mean some of us don't come out straight away and confess our undying love for Human Energy. But deep down, embedded in your heart, you know it's one of your favourite albums this year!  :catsalute:

I think you may be right. I need to get some yoga in, move to SoCal, (buy a new computer) and embrace that karmic energy flowing from those crystals. Then maybe my inner light light will shine and and its cosmic power will heal all the negativity I'm feeling. 

:music:

OK I get the hate, and this album isn't going to be on repeat for me, but...

Have you given a close listen to Spectrum Sequence? It's classic MD with an IDM-level of attention to detail.

OK I get the hate, and this album isn't going to be on repeat for me, but...

Have you given a close listen to Spectrum Sequence? It's classic MD with an IDM-level of attention to detail.

Just listen to the tasty FM synth soundz tho

Put down the crystals, Guys.

^ irl lol reading the after-action report

I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to this once yet, I'm afraid of what might happen.

Archived