IGNORED

Angel Olsen - My Woman

joshuatxuk

Burn your fire had a couple of really good tunes, but nothing really stood out for me on this one.

It doesn't pull on my heartstrings as much as her past work but I still think it's good. Going to probably be more "critically acclaimed" by the tastemakers but you know, 仕方が無い

I can't let the PR bs sway my opinion. I just ignore it. That said I know people who wade in it (some are music writers) and it's a weird thing to behold. One of them actually offered me some beers and cash to write a review of this album for a decent size digital media outlet (Alexa rank around 4900) but I respectfully declined. Wasn't up for it on many levels.

• 3 years later...

^ Yeah same here, I was worried she'd go into safer synth-pop territory but instead she's managed to get more accessible / poppy while still sounding novel and unique. Kate Bush gets thrown around a lot as a comparison but I agree there's a similar sense of Olsen carving her own niche sound wise and maintaining this very sincere ethos while doing so. 

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Angel Olsen - My Woman

Archived