IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

wow had to turn off the passcode unlock. fucking annoying. also for some reason it's stopped recognizing my right thumb even after readding.

w/e UGH apple.

can't tell if all consumer computers are getting progressively shittier or am I getting older or am I learning more about how computers actually work - some confusing combination of all three. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in iOS 10, is anyone else seeing Apple Music turning itself back on after being disabled in Settings>Music? I'm not sure if it's switching the wifi off and back on again, but that's what i suspect, and it's REALLY annoying seeing that splash page pop up unexpectedly when going into Music.

i still haven't upgraded yet but apple music is nothing but problems for me on my iphone. it is constantly trying to show me my whole library even when the "only show music on my phone" is clicked on. that means i can never pick up where i left off in my car when i connect my phone. it defaults to all my music and plays the first song alphabetically. every. fucking. time.

that is why i now have a disabled iphone 5 in my car as an ipod. now i can listen to music again like i did years ago. thanks again apple, i love the way you make simple things difficult now. the exact opposite of what you used to do.

jobs wouldn't have stood for any of this honestly. im not some sort of jobs sycophant but he was not afraid to chuck things when they made sense and could pull back and understand that cramming an app with shit is a terrible terrible idea.

He oversaw the clusterfuckization of iTunes though.

That's what I was going to say, BUT - he wouldn't have allowed it to go like this for so long. He would have demanded a simple, no-brainer way to get your music on and off your phone, and not force-feed their services down customers' throats.

The problem is that Tim Cook is a bean counter. Before the CEO job, he was operations officer.

He's not a visionary. It's also just not the same when when you're running a company you didn't found.

To be fair the pen is legitimately amazing tech and it's super fun to draw with.

I actually think Tim Cook is pretty good at the keynotes. Love that measured southern drawl with hints of gay. He's certainly more approachable than Schiller or eddy cue good god.

But he is just a charming bean counter. I'm sure he's and operations genius but it was a big loss when they booted forstall. he was the only one with any serious attitude and determination about quality products. He was a douche but so was jobs. The whole ousting over maps had airs of when jobs got the can the first time.

Jesus fckin Christ i sound like the biggest apple blogger ever. Ok I'm out.

Guest bitroast

i still haven't upgraded yet but apple music is nothing but problems for me on my iphone. it is constantly trying to show me my whole library even when the "only show music on my phone" is clicked on. that means i can never pick up where i left off in my car when i connect my phone. it defaults to all my music and plays the first song alphabetically. every. fucking. time.

that is why i now have a disabled iphone 5 in my car as an ipod. now i can listen to music again like i did years ago. thanks again apple, i love the way you make simple things difficult now. the exact opposite of what you used to do.

ye ^ same here. i'm pretty much digging thru the settings to try and reset it self back into the right setting at least once a week because of this.

yikes. Most of my mobile listening is done through spotify these days so it's not such a big deal but god damnit that sounds fkn annoying.. I might wait for 10.0.1 or 10.1 or whatever their next release is.. 

I'm seeing this annoying bug on my phone, where the time displays at the lock screen, then when I unlock it, the time on the clock jumps ahead like 25 minutes.  WTF didn't they do like FIVE betas for this?  psshh it's obviously an unfinished beta and we're the beta testers.  The Apple Community boards are packed with people complaining about all the bugs, and it seems like more than usual this time.

told ya. Pretty sure some ridiculous bugs will emerge with macOS as well, give it a week or two...

the hilarity is that the iOS bug reporter app itself was broken. Was a kind of lottery, you would type in a report which takes at least 10 minutes but likely more, and then it would fail to upload. It's kind of insulting. You're beta-testing, but they basically tell you in a passive aggressive way that they don't give a fuck about feedback.

Archived