IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yikes. Most of my mobile listening is done through spotify these days so it's not such a big deal but god damnit that sounds fkn annoying.. I might wait for 10.0.1 or 10.1 or whatever their next release is.. 

The current release IS 10.0.1 :tongue:

is OS Sierra really that bad for music production? Starting to see musicians on FB and Twitter saying it's broken and they feel betrayed by Apple. I'd be curious to see what some of our featured artists have to say.

Too bad Reznor is in Apple's pocket now, he was a hardcore fanboy for years and probly would have given an honest opinion if it didn't affect his wallet.

Maybe ask Richard or TJ or Jack Dangers if any of you see them in Houston, lol

Just had the rotation-stuck-until-reboot bug again on 10.1

iPad got quite hot doing nothing, just charging

>> Bug report app still dysfunctional

My brother said his devices are doing that as well. I'm so sick of Apple Music turning itself back on, WTF already?

And these auto emojis can eat a dick.

is OS Sierra really that bad for music production? Starting to see musicians on FB and Twitter saying it's broken and they feel betrayed by Apple. I'd be curious to see what some of our featured artists have to say.

Too bad Reznor is in Apple's pocket now, he was a hardcore fanboy for years and probly would have given an honest opinion if it didn't affect his wallet.

Maybe ask Richard or TJ or Jack Dangers if any of you see them in Houston, lol

Everything I've seen about Ableton Live 9 and Max for Live is fine. And given that those (and some hardware drivers) are all I care about, I'm good to upgrade. Will probably do so this weekend/next week. Considering do a full clean install though, I've been blindly importing tons of old shit for years and I'm trying to slim down my computer to be an ultimate music production machine but I'm also way lazy so who knows.

Just had the rotation-stuck-until-reboot bug again on 10.1

iPad got quite hot doing nothing, just charging

>> Bug report app still dysfunctional

Been running 10.1 beta since it was available... no issues so far - I've never had that rotation bug (although I've heard about it).

WatchOS 3.1 beta running fine as well.

don't get the "it just works" argument sometimes used for using apple products. if you're not a total retard you'll be fine with an android phone or every kind of laptop / computer.

if I had an excessive amount of money maybe, just maybe I would buy an iPhone though, simply because the design is so lovely. On the other hand, my windows laptop probably won't recognize it, so I'd have to buy a MacBook too. 

All in all, they're overpriced as fuck. impractical as fuck too, like eugene said you can't even connect it to an old amp this way. and they never support removable SD cards, just so they can ask 100% more if you want 32 GB instead of 16GB. How can you not help feeling ripped off

Guest bitroast

the "it just works" argument is total garbage as well when it comes to things not just working. 

purchased items from my itunes library have randomly re-activated themselves on my iphone again today after turning it off in the past. 

IT JUST WORKS

don't get the "it just works" argument sometimes used for using apple products. if you're not a total retard you'll be fine with an android phone or every kind of laptop / computer.

if I had an excessive amount of money maybe, just maybe I would buy an iPhone though, simply because the design is so lovely. On the other hand, my windows laptop probably won't recognize it, so I'd have to buy a MacBook too.

All in all, they're overpriced as fuck. impractical as fuck too, like eugene said you can't even connect it to an old amp this way. and they never support removable SD cards, just so they can ask 100% more if you want 32 GB instead of 16GB. How can you not help feeling ripped off

iPhones work fine with Windows

Isn't it apples marketing tho? Or have they stopped putting that in adverts now that it doesn't really work

I think they dropped it ~10 years ago. In the US anyway. It was always a shit slogan though.

Archived