IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coincidentally last nite my se got stuck in "headphone" mode after i got stuck in a torrential downpour. most of the suggestions online were to shove crap in the headphone port and spin it around, which didn't work. seemed to sort itself out after drying a bit.

It's probably for some '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''prank''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' channel

(not sure there's enough inverted commas)

Somebody's not happy.

eugy is getting his revenge on apple.

Hey what's up with the security at that mall. Have they no training ? Roughly pushing the guy when he was trying to find a way out was unnecessary, keeping him near the store was wrong, better to lead him away to where the police were going to arrive from preferably in an arm lock which would keep him under control, if belligerent or refusing to move put a guard on either side. Maybe that place is so cruisy that they've never considered these things. It was funny how many customers had bottles of wine with them too.

Looks like Apple didn't learn from Microsoft - Apple said starting today macOS Sierra will be automatically downloaded (not installed) to compatible macs (with enough storage space) in the background. You can of course delete it, but geez Apple...

Looks like Apple didn't learn from Microsoft - Apple said starting today macOS Sierra will be automatically downloaded (not installed) to compatible macs (with enough storage space) in the background. You can of course delete it, but geez Apple...

Last time they did that they got raked over the coals.

Then again that was U2.

Well, to be fair, an OS update is different from free (bad) music, but how many people are going to panic when the meager free space they had on their HDD gets eaten up by the Sierra download and they don't know what caused it?

You'd almost think Apple was getting desperate - there was a time they would tout how many people adopted their new OS vs Windows... they can't say that objectively now.

uhh.. tbh this is actually ok?

it only downloads the OS if "Automatic Downloads" is enabled.

So earlier, the Update mechanism would downloade everything except OS updates.

Now, it's more consistent. If you don't want it, disable Automatic Downloads.

But if they backpedal, they should rename the button to "Automatic Downloads (Except OS updates)"

edit: holy fuck that U2 thing was so trash,

And am I right in thinking certain au plugins are still a no-go in Sierra (got an email from Plugin Alliance a week or so back telling Mac users not to update yet as it'll fuck up all their plugins)

Ah here's an article about it: https://ask.audio/articles/musicians-producers-do-not-upgrade-to-mac-os-sierra-1012-yet

And am I right in thinking certain au plugins are still a no-go in Sierra (got an email from Plugin Alliance a week or so back telling Mac users not to update yet as it'll fuck up all their plugins)

Ah here's an article about it: https://ask.audio/articles/musicians-producers-do-not-upgrade-to-mac-os-sierra-1012-yet

I keep asking this question here, but everyone keeps saying "it works for me". I'm still shaky about buying a Sierra OS MacBook in the spring if it's gonna be borked.

I've clicked the upgrade button on Sierra, so I guess we'll see how it goes.  Only did that because I have never had so many audio problems on my Mac, as I have on El Capitan.  Otherwise, would have been more conservative and waited.

Archived