IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That magic toolbar seems totally counter-intuitive - something I'd never imagine from Apple. Wouldn't it be better to place it right above the touch pad? As it is, you've got to reach over all the keys.

The magic toolbar is interesting - I wonder what music software companies are going to conjure up with it.

The thunderbolt ports are also USB-C.

Still, these machines are fucking pricey!

the fad of smart watches is over. lol to the people that bought one

Over before it started tbqh.

I wonder if the price of the standard MacBook will come down at all next year. The MBP  is absurdly expensive, the iPad Pro is dog shit and the MBA is on life support. 

yeh if you're at all concerned with price, this shit is just shit rn.

used to be in 2011/12 you could get a really solid little MacBook Air for 999$. The '12 Air probably still smokes that little MacBook they're peddling.

also I'm still loling at maximum 16GB RAM in the big mother MB Pro.

Yeah wtf no 32gb of RAM in 2016? I'm glad at least it has 4 ports on it but dammit more RAM!

Of course that might be reserved for the minor 2017 upgrayedd

No 32GB at the price they're asking is just wrong.

You always used to know where you were with the MacBook line. They always gave you a new product but the price stayed the same. The new prices are ridiculous - especially here in the UK. You can't blame everything on Brexit, it's Apple greed too.

people bitching about the touch bar but what really pisses me off is the damn usb-c ports. how many fucking dongles / adaptors / hubs do i gotta buy now? they're gonna look so good dangling off my super sleek minimalist laptop. you even gotta buy a special cable just to plug an iphone / ipad into this thing! flol.

that and moving the headphone jack to the right when it has been on the left since forever. why? they are just fucking with us now. jonny ives laughing his ass off in his super secret design lab, moving ports around for no reason.

I'm slowly convincing myself that this new direction with the prices, ports and general mehness of these machines is a subtle ploy for Apple to get more people to buy iPad Pro instead. Most people will just look at these machines, the staggering prices in Europe (especially UK), the dongles and all that other shit and just think "Fuck it. I'll get an iPad Pro. Snap on a keyboard."

i'm definitely an apple person and have iphone, imac and a macbook air. not currently in the market for a new laptop or desktop but if i was this new microsoft surface looks really nice - only problem is (and it's an insurmountable one for me) is that you have to use fucking windows. i hate fucking windows. i've also got a lenovo works laptop running windows 8 and i punch it on a regular basis coz it's so shit.

i've also got a lenovo works laptop running windows 8 and i punch it on a regular basis coz it's so shit.

Windows 10 (with anniversary patches/tweaks) is 468,329 times better than a locked down Windows 8 work-machine

i've also got a lenovo works laptop running windows 8 and i punch it on a regular basis coz it's so shit.

Windows 10 (with anniversary patches/tweaks) is 468,329 times better than a locked down Windows 8 work-machine

I agree it's better in my experience so far, but does it balloon up your storage space with those damn .sys files like 8 does? That's what caused me to upgrayedd.

The new MacBook Pro, in the same segment (mid-high end, i7,15'') of the one I bought 4 years ago, costs exactly 1000€ more than what I had payed for.

This and no new Mac Pro, iMac or Mac Mini, so basically no new desktop upgrades for that real "Pro" part of users anymore… Great job !

I'm never upset about new products but this time, knowing that I'll have to upgrade soon my late 2011 MBP that I use for everything (work, music, etc.), and knowing that other options are Windows, old hardware overpriced Apple computers or new overly-overpriced MBP I'm hoping my machine will live at least another year or two.

Now, let's talk about real interesting features of the new MacBook Pro, like 2.5X louder bass, 58% more volume and 2X dynamic range.

Archived